Could Paypal add support for Yubikeys?

Nivyan
New Community Member

A Yubico YubiKey  is a 2-factor USB device which is widely regarded as one of the best options in the market. It's also supported by a huge amount of services. Additionally, it's vastly more secure and practical than having to type a SMS code. Finally, it's somewhat easy to implement. I personally learned this when making the same alternative to SMS codes for my workplace.

How it works is when you login to a given service, and it requests you physically press on the device. The most widely used version attached to your keychain, and inserted in a USB-port - but there are many other options, including NFC support for mobile devices and 'nano' versions, meant to be a semi-permanently inserted in a already-secure PC.

This would add both a better 2-factor option, make it easier for the user and a step towards the future of security on the web.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

CarloSGR
Contributor
Contributor

I just added a hardware key to my profile. Not sure if this is available for all regions/countries.

Also, you're only allowed 1 hardware key. Im in the forum just to try and gather folks to request paypal to allow for a 2nd or nth hardware key. 

https://www.paypal.com/sg/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-turn-on-or-off-2-step-verification-for-paypal-a...

Login to Me Too

slim0287
New Community Member

I agree with @CarloSGR .  We really need the functionality of adding at least two USB keys.  Not only is having a backup USB key critical, but many users like to have both a Yubikey used for our desktop/laptop and a second one we carry around for mobile devices.  It is frustrating that PayPal only gives us a single key.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.