Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

Kenyan1
Contributor
Contributor
How do we need to contact about this.
Login to Me Too

LouiseAriel37
PayPal held my money that came from the same person over 7 times and than held pym without proper cause when I asked the manager he couldn’t explain and he hu on me claim he didn’t but never tried to call me back ,I called him back,pay Pal is purposely holding people money for personal use saying it’s for security and I provided them copy of my I’d and everything
Login to Me Too

jewelry
Contributor
Contributor

My money was also held by PayPal. I sent over $3800 to someone under family and friend, and they are holding my money now. They say that it is pending and that they are having a technical issue and will resolve it ASAP as they have their tech department working on it, but they cannot and will not give me a time as to when my money will be released or into the other account, (the other account, and my account just continue to say Pending). They also stated that because the money has already been processed they cannot and will not credit my money back to me, and that I have absolutely no choice but to wait it out and hope for the best, and when they resolve their technical problems, then I will get the money released into the other persons account.

If someone has a lawyer, give us the info, and its also wise to put the info on other forums aside from PayPals site, so they wont have any access to deleted the comments.,

I will do whatever it takes legally to retrieve my money back, or at the very least have the funds released to my recipients account.

What they are doing is not fair at all, the money is released from my bank, meaning they already have it in their custody, so at this point this seems like stealing to me. they should credit us all our money.

Login to Me Too

Jtagscott
Contributor
Contributor

I can't think of a better place to do this than on the PayPal message board. I think its genius!!! It is painfully obvious that Paypal spins and scams their money in weird and funny ways and it WILL catch up to them!!! I'm sure we'll all see to it. They process our transactions immediately and yet hold payments at their discretion. Can someone say money laund oops nevermind. I am sure they have good reasons. A ehm. 

But this is not the place  to expose their illegal and illicit activity. LOL.

HaHa!!!

Signing off now

Login to Me Too

Jeezy20
Contributor
Contributor
They were already sued in 2015 and lost. They updated policy’s but their EULA is still to deceiving for sellers because we sell from EBAY not PayPal...sorry PayPal get a better lawyer because this will go to court again.
Login to Me Too

Jeezy20
Contributor
Contributor
I’ll be searching for lawyer this week I already took down sallie Mae for about 60,000 People. PayPal you are next ..calling IRS too
Login to Me Too

Mooch5436
New Community Member
About 5 different times PayPal has put a hold on funds "pending verification of identity" which I gave everytime and everytime they apologized and released the funds. However this last time they are holding about a thousand dollars of my funds and closed mine and my wife's account even after we both sent the required requested information. They are holding these funds and say they will release them in 180 days which is completely unacceptable. I'm ready to join whatever class action lawsuit can be started. Thank you
Login to Me Too

scottbburg
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is holding my money too citing a technical glitch on their end. They've had it for almost a month now. $600. plus I cant access whats in my account, about $200, due to this glitch. I'm furious about it. This has gone on since Oct 5th and still no fix as of today! I know 109 accounts were affected by the glitch according to Paypal.

They should not be able to hold funds due to a technical glitch. They should have to produce the money by another means while the glitch is addressed

Login to Me Too

garysbikesutah
Contributor
Contributor

They say they are holding my funds for 72 hours for security reasons and it's a common business practice.   The person I spoke to (screamed at) on the phone told me they tend to hold if longer, if you attempt to move it to your bank account on the same day you receive it.  Why would I not move it on the same day.   It appears to be a scam process for PayPal to gain interest on millions of dollars (collectively), behind the scam of a security process.

I would certainly be willing to ad my name to a class action suit.  If Visa, MC or American Express held your funds for 72 hrs before depositing in your account their would have been a class action suit many years ago.  My other suggestion is to tell your customers you refuse to use PayPal and guide them toward Venmo (which has no transaction fee) or a Credit Card.

Login to Me Too

lonestargames
Contributor
Contributor

I am in. They put a hold on my account for no reason. I need the money to pay medical bills. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.