Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

tmq06021988
Contributor
Contributor
I am filing a class action lawsuit against paypal ig you would like to join in send me your email
Login to Me Too

FenderGuy20
Contributor
Contributor

I also would like to be involved in a class action lawsuit but for a different reason, my account got limited and I when I called up to see why it been limited, I was told it was due to an old account that had too many disputes. If you think Paypal is shady now, it was even shadier along with Ebay back in the 2000s.  I had issues with scammers and people not sending the items on Ebay, that Paypal thinks its a problem that I wanted the stuff I paid for or my money back. Present day and my account is limited because of the old account, I am ok if I am no longer able to use Paypal. What I am not effin ok is, Paypal will not let me close my account that has my personal bank and credit card information. I already had an issue when someone took money out of my account, because they somehow obtained my bank information and PAYPAL was useless in this matter, they couldn't do a damn thing and I had to go to my bank to do a reversal on these fraud charges. If I am no longer able to use Paypal, than I no longer fall under the rule of having my financial information current and I have the right to close my account down to remove my personal Financial information from PayPal and its System. I will be contacting on attorney on this matter, Paypal has **bleep** the wrong person and I am all for a Class action lawsuit against Paypal.  

Login to Me Too

BuySocial
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm based in Portugal Europe already found a global law firm that is whiling to prosecute PayPal in this matter the Holding funds and the random verification and the account closing and a 180 days withdraw 

1st We should raise the awareness that PayPal is not safe they are taking risks at their M&As operation and it's not disclosed their funding method to do that.

2nd When we open account at PayPal we are not applying for a loan so Potencial Financial Loss that they claim should be described on each account based on their rating, background checking whatever risk management method they use.

3rd If we raise awareness to the public and specially the regulators we are pressuring PayPal to be more transparent.

4th If damages were made to business such us loss of customers, potencial profit loss PayPal must be held responsable for that.

5th Their clause against Class Action Lawsuit terms and conditions is illegal in many jurisdictions.

6th We should send to the regulators all our claims and if we send them all them they will hear us after all they want to keep the financial market safe secure and avoid another scandal that giant that was too big to fail failed they supervision.

add me on twitter @nuno_zhu so we can discuss some ideas

Login to Me Too

Robsherman
I'll join, PayPal has frozen $500 from my account and won't give me a straight answer. They're claiming I violated the AUP selling something that's not allowed on PayPal, but I wasn't. I've reached out to them many times and they're AUP department and they give me automated responses. This is such bs.
Login to Me Too

BuySocial
Contributor
Contributor

Yes we should gather all those informations i'm currently bulding an website so you and everyone can submit your case i'm presenting to a judge an injuction within the next month and requesting that paypal stops his operations in Portugal and get their website blocked. And also working with a media agency so right after we send the injuction we will send that news to every relevant media outlets news such us bloomberg, euronews, dier spiegle so it can attract the public attention. I'm also trying to find the law firm that represents PayPal competitors for legal advice on different jurisdictions and if they are willing to fund this campaign. Let's see how it goes, if 10% of the stories about PayPal on the internet are real and we can get their testimony in front of a judge i think that there is basis for build a good case against them in multiple countries and jurisdisction enough to make the awareness that keeping our money at paypal it's not safe has everybody thinks. Unfortunatly most of people use paypal (even me) only used for payments so they do not understand what is going on on the merchants side if  they did they would think twice before starting the business with this company.

Add me on twitter let's discuss there and also make some noise 

@Robsherman wrote:
I'll join, PayPal has frozen $500 from my account and won't give me a straight answer. They're claiming I violated the AUP selling something that's not allowed on PayPal, but I wasn't. I've reached out to them many times and they're AUP department and they give me automated responses. This is such bs.

Login to Me Too

johndalf
Contributor
Contributor

I have used PayPal for years. I had 2 linked bank accounts and a credit card. I had $5,000 in cash in the account for 6 months. When I tried to withdraw, they froze it and required an image of my driver's license. Now the weeks go by while they hold my money interest free. 

I absolutely would join a class-action suit.

Login to Me Too

BuySocial
Contributor
Contributor

I'm creating a website so everybody can add their claim people will be able to add for how long their funds have been frozen and the amount.

Also creating an area where lawyers can apply to defend our cause from each state at the EU and for the USA. The more people come forward with this actions from PayPal the more awareness will the media and the law firms will have.

If we reach a significant number of users we can take this to higher court. PayPal cannot get away with this so easily we will go after their "random 72H check", against their false escuses to keep us away from our funds. If there are any people whiling to help let's see how PayPal can handle the pressure from the people.

Login to Me Too

BuySocial
Contributor
Contributor

BTW already found 5 cases in Portugal from my closest friends that also had the same problem so i guess that this is not small cases has a i thought and i have some suspect that it's related to their recent M&A cash necessities thats influencing their actions.

Login to Me Too

FenderGuy20
Contributor
Contributor

This has been going on for a long time, no other bank institute does what paypal does, period. I would suggest a complaint with the CFPB, so the complaints are piled up against them. My lawyer sent out a letter to Paypal today demanding they purge my information from their systems, whats scarier is Paypal think it has the right to keep your information in their system forever. These idiots get hacked and guess who information also gets hacked.

Login to Me Too

FenderGuy20
Contributor
Contributor
You can't use PayPal anymore

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

I AM LUCKY I HAD NO BALANCE AND NEVER KEPT A BALANCE IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT BUT DO YOU SEE HOW THEY EARN THIER INTEREST? 180 DAYS HOLD AND NO EXPLANTION OF WHY? YEAH NO.....Like I said lawyer letter sent out to purge my information from their systems, I wont be using these scummbags anymore

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.