Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

Dust2
New Community Member
So I have a new issue I’ve not seen in here. I’ve been told by eBay that the funds were released on their end the day after my item was marked delivered, I’ve gotten feedback even though that doesn’t matter. It’s been over 21 days. When I call eBay they say this happens all the time and of course PayPal says that eBay hasn’t released funds yet. I had a three way call with eBay and PayPal and of course the PayPal rep didn’t know what to say when the eBay employee stated that funds were available and why were they being held by eBay. I understand that maybe it could be a technical glitch, I asked was there any way to look into this and the PayPal rep stated this has never happened so they have no idea of knowing where or how to get my money released. Again I asked if someone could look into it and he said that there’s nothing to look into, as there is no way to get the money at this time? How long do we have to wait!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Tew1
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal promised me my money in 30 minutes. It’s now 18 hours later. No money. Nothing. Lol. They keep blaming it on the bank. I have read 183 comments where they blame the bank and the bank doesn’t even see it. They are liars and this is fraud as well as false advertisement. I think it’s time we file a class action lawsuit against Scampal.
Login to Me Too

Chuffman
Contributor
Contributor
I am also starting one! Same thing with my cash. Was transferred to my bank account Monday it's now Been like get than it should have by far! It's the only money I have for my seizure medicine and I'm scared to death in going to have a seizure I could die. Noone seems to care so I let my family know what PayPal is doing in case something. Happens to me and they know why I couldn't pick my meds up.
Login to Me Too

MarcieMarea
Contributor
Contributor
I'm going through this now is it possible to pass on the information to this lawyer for class action it's been 7mths I've gotten so frustrated that I've left it alone and forgot about it started receiving emails from PayPal that I still have funds try to access them and I'm being stalled out hung up on told try yet another option that involves me spending money (driving to several Walmart locations all over the city to only not be able to receive the money from the account) calling before I go so as to avoid hold ups online and over the phone confirmation and validation of who I am address phone number and linked cards/accounts and still no access to my funds transfer/send it to a family or friend that didn't work now I'm in limbo waiting for this card (which will take 7-10 days) my gut says won't work and when that happens I'll be forced to wait another two weeks when all I want to do is get my money fix my car so I won't be at risk of losing my job & car but the fact that it's my money they have no reason to hold it I have tried everything except the check thing I'm in the process of waiting for the card I just want my money back and to dissolve the account and all association with PayPal it's been 7mths I'm so over them
Login to Me Too

Mario454
New Community Member
Is this going anywhere I’d really like to give PayPal what they deserve, they scammed me out because it was my first time selling and the “buyers” account was hacked and I got an email from eBay saying not to ship, so I accepted giving the buyer refund because thankfully I hadn’t sent the item yet. PayPal decided to charge me a charge back fee of $24 dollars and put my account into overdraft which charged me another $30. Called them to dispute the chargeback and according to them since I never sent the item and accepted the refund, it was my fault even though the buyers account was compromised and was told by eBay not to ship it. Showing them the email did nothing as they only care about their own opinion
Login to Me Too

WillG2018
Contributor
Contributor

You still have my account locked even though I fully complied with ALL you asked me to do...as of today, I will seek legal action. There is NO EXCUSE to freeze the account of a client who has been loyal to you since your company began with NO WARNING. I was first told the "review" would take 24-48 hours; I was then told 7-14 days; last I was told 180+ days or more. I have filed a complaint with the FTC and my state attorney general's office and am consulting with a class action lawyer today. Enough is enough.

Login to Me Too

WillG2018
Contributor
Contributor

You still have my account locked even though I fully complied with ALL you asked me to do...as of today, I will seek legal action. There is NO EXCUSE to freeze the account of a client who has been loyal to you since your company began with NO WARNING. I was first told the "review" would take 24-48 hours; I was then told 7-14 days; last I was told 180+ days or more. I have filed a complaint with the FTC and my state attorney general's office and am consulting with a class action lawyer today. Enough is enough.

Login to Me Too

BBARBY1215
Contributor
Contributor
Let me know what happens, I'd be interested in joining you and I'm sure many other here would as well. They locked both my mother's and mine for 180 days too. No warning or anything just as you had. Reported them to the BBB and PayPal replied with exactly what a supervisor told me on the phone...you agreed to our terms and policies. It's ridiculous! I also wrote my state reps., still waiting to hear back on that. I've also heard that they earn interest of our money during that 180 days which I'm not surprised! Sickening that a company who's already been sued for this practice can still do this!
Login to Me Too

WillG2018
Contributor
Contributor

jamahus

Let me know if anything comes of this.  PayPal's policies cause undue harm and financial stress to it's users on a regular basis.  This fraudulent practice must be stopped.  I will 100% join a class action suit against them.  Thanks  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.