Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

jr47
Contributor
Contributor

call my wife this happened to us too and she's an attorney in Mass, she wants to look into class action <removed>

Login to Me Too

AaronSur
Contributor
Contributor

Count me in. As others have said, HOW IS IT LEGAL 

to randomly close your account AND hold your funds for 180 days?!? Just to get interest? It's BS

Login to Me Too

keepitsimple247
Contributor
Contributor
I want in on class action lawsuit please !
Login to Me Too

vje403
I am SO sick of them keepibg money *I* have legally earned. I lost my job & am trying to make some extra money, but once they release my over $200, I'm withdrawing it & never using either eBay or PayPal again. I was almost in tears begging this "manager" to release my money because I had to pay my rent. All he did was read pathetic "reasons" why the hold from a script. I even asked him how he would feel if this happened to him & he admitted he would be just as angry and desperate as I am. Their own employees don't agree with their illegal practices!!! I sold something tonight for $13 and they held that too! THIRTEEN DOLLARS? Ridiculous. I'm totally down to sue the ever loving $hit out of these CROOKS.
Login to Me Too

180dayholdFB
FB PayPal 180 hold .... new group to help each other
Login to Me Too

180dayholdFB
FB ... PayPal 180 hold ..new group to help each other ...
Login to Me Too

180dayholdFB
PayPal 180 hold ..new group to help each other ...
Login to Me Too

Patryk75
Contributor
Contributor
Count me in the group
Login to Me Too

jr47
Contributor
Contributor

call my wife she's a lawyer wants to start class action <removed>

Login to Me Too

smgordon1259
Contributor
Contributor

They do this on Purpose,  that money you are owed,  and the money owed by millions is held by paypal  in a bank account that get interest.  , Free Money

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.