cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Contributor

Re: Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Paypal is in possession of more then $3200 of mine and continues to give me excuses of why there is a hold now I just got a list of all kinds of crazy demands including six months of my personal bank statements this is crazy
Contributor

Sounds like they are trying to verify that funds didn't in fact make it to your account. However, this seems like an invasion of your privacy. They should be able to confirm with the bank that monies were not delivered without requiring a detailed transaction list dating back 6 months.

New Community Member

They are holding my money for 180 days. Claiming I'm in violation of their policy but won't tell me how I violated it. I know several people that have had the same experience. I'm all for a suit. There is no telling how much interest they are making off other people's money
Contributor

PayPal has no issues holding funds for whatever reason anymore. It's to the point that it affects my eBay account enough to cause a suspention. When you call either one, they lie and avoid questions at all costs. I've literally been told 5-7 different reasons for why they hold money by only 2 calls! 

Highlighted
Contributor

call my wife this happened to us too and she's an attorney in Mass, she wants to look into class action <removed>

Contributor

Count me in. As others have said, HOW IS IT LEGAL 

to randomly close your account AND hold your funds for 180 days?!? Just to get interest? It's BS

Contributor

I want in on class action lawsuit please !

I am SO sick of them keepibg money *I* have legally earned. I lost my job & am trying to make some extra money, but once they release my over $200, I'm withdrawing it & never using either eBay or PayPal again. I was almost in tears begging this "manager" to release my money because I had to pay my rent. All he did was read pathetic "reasons" why the hold from a script. I even asked him how he would feel if this happened to him & he admitted he would be just as angry and desperate as I am. Their own employees don't agree with their illegal practices!!! I sold something tonight for $13 and they held that too! THIRTEEN DOLLARS? Ridiculous. I'm totally down to sue the ever loving $hit out of these CROOKS.

FB PayPal 180 hold .... new group to help each other

FB ... PayPal 180 hold ..new group to help each other ...