Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

treasures20001
Contributor
Contributor
Please include me in the lawsuit. After 15 years they closed my account for no reason and they are holding my money as well. I have open another PayPal account and have been using it for 3 weeks they limited my account yesterday saying that the debit card I’m using was used in the other account which is closed and guess what they are holding my few money on this account as well. So as for now they put a hold on my $700. Really? How is it legal
Login to Me Too

Patryk75
Contributor
Contributor
Please let me know if you find an attorney I want to PayPal unreasonable practice to be over
Login to Me Too

jr47
Contributor
Contributor

if in United States call or text this attorney <removed>

Login to Me Too

jr47
Contributor
Contributor

if your in united states call or text this attorney <removed>.  

Login to Me Too

Spiritualjade
New Community Member

Just lost 300.00 since they dont know how to add balance only subtract it it seems. Please contact me at <removed> subject line class action lawsuit because im sick of this **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Temp20240123br
Contributor
Contributor

If anybody is interested in pursuing this more, please email me at <removed>. I’m trying to start a group and with enough people there ought to be something we can do - whether it’s find an attorney willing to represent us or going to the media.

Login to Me Too

KathleenG
Contributor
Contributor

this isn't directly on topic re paypal holding funds, but: have any of you suddenly had your ebay/paypal bank account link removed because of a computer problem at paypal?  --  i tried to transfer funds from paypal to my bank, and they removed leading zeroes from my account number...so of course the bank said the account didn't exist, and sent the funds back. based on the bank saying the account didn't exist, paypal "suspected fraud" and blocked my account. i've been at them for 10 days to fix the computer error, but all i get is a run-around, and a list of extremely inconvenient ways to get my money: (1) take smart phone to walmart, and withdraw them [uh...got no smart phone; w' is 50-minute drive] / (2) use atm...and get to pay 5% fee to get my money --- and then drive 50 minutes to bank to deposit it / (3) they can send a check  -- $1.50 fee -- ...7-10 days to PRODUCE it...another few days to receive it, and then that 50-minute drive to bank to deposit it.   ---  their security questions are absolutely ridiculous! (any of you remember what model/year car you had prior to the current or previous one??? / your old phone numbers??? )   ---   a class action suit is looking pretty good to me right now!

Login to Me Too

Wolfy169Peter
Contributor
Contributor

I TOO, HAVE HAD A "GUT FULL, OF THESE GENTLEMEN(?) BEEN TRYING ALL DAY, TO HAVE BANK ACCOUNT VERIFIED!!!!!!!!! ONLY TOO HAPPY TO JOIN THIS ACTION!(CLASS ACTIONS NOW LEGAL, IN QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA), SHUT THE **bleep** DOWN!

Login to Me Too

nickatnoon611
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal outright STOLE $31.00 from my account using 'exchange rate' as an excuse! They have also held my funds in THEIR account, on several occasions, and I had to wait about 2 weeks to get my money back to be able to make a purchase. They recently put a $359.99 debit on my account on a transaction where I received nothing from the seller. I CLOSED my account because of that. Paypal is as crooked as they come. I want to join this class action suit.

Login to Me Too

Annie1989
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I'm also having a problem with Paypal. Can we talk thru email?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.