Cannot transfer money from PayPal to my bank account

atw1
Contributor
Contributor

2/20 - Call PayPal, set-up bank for transfer. PayPal employee tells me they don't know know why my money (2K) won't transfer and to try waiting 24 hrs.

2/21 - Call PayPal (2nd time) and request to speak to supervisor re: transfer. Am on hold for more than 10 minutes waiting for supervisor (or anyone) to pick up and finally hang-out. I send email seeking help.

2/22 - Call PayPal (3rd time). Am assured they can see how many times I have tried to transfer the money. They assure me they have escalated call and will call me back in 3-4 hours.

2/24 - Still no return call and no meaningful reply to my email. Have just called (4th time) and am in line for a return phone call in 44-60 minutes.

I really like my credit union.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

atw1
Contributor
Contributor

Appreciate the help, but I have gone through the security check, it's cash (not debit or prepaid card) and PayPal has not mentioned unusual activity, rather the folks who answer the phone have not known why I am having the problem. Further, the bank account is linked and the token amounts that have been deposited and credited were confirmed with PayPal on 2/20. 

I did get my call back today and was on hold waiting for a supervisor for 20 minutes before I hung up though I had asked the PayPal employee to check in on my every 2 minutes.

At this point, I can (1) pay for a check to be sent to me (presumably PayPal can do this) or (2) refund my payment to my buyer and ask them to send me a check. 

Login to Me Too

atw1
Contributor
Contributor

2/25 - Just attempted to pay the $1.50 to have a check mailed to myself as the transfer to bank option has failed for the past 5 days and I cannot get any response from PayPal, but even this failed "Sorry — your last action could not be completed".

Login to Me Too

atw1
Contributor
Contributor

It's March 4th. After two more emails to PayPal, they have told me once again to verify my identity. So, I have called one more time, repeated every single step again and finally been allowed to transfer my money. This represents an interest free loan of 2,135.90 from February 8th 2019 - March 4th 2019. I am not filling out a complaint form for the MI AG. It is hard to imagine that I would use PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

Heatherrr_13
I agree,this will be the last time I send or receive money through PayPal. Then I even get charged 17 dollars and this Hassel. No thanks
Login to Me Too

Keisha4366
Contributor
Contributor
I've never been able to transfer money out of my account only thing will work is get cash at Walmart and now they have locked up 905 dollars that isn't even from a customer it's money Ebay returned top me so I started a blog today and av Twitter account with 5000 followers already that people has got money on hold for 180 days and can't transfer and several other issues. Customer service is worse of any company by far .... just thought I would let you know what I've dealt with to
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.