Bait and switch Chinese compnaies

thaikarate
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Anyone here purchased something from Chinese Companies on FB and got a completely different item.

I filed dispute with Paypal, but as soon as they agree to give refund, you no longer able to reply back to them. To get the refund, I would have to send back the item, which would cost me probably way more than the refund.

How can I get Paypal to help with this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ThriftingFAD
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same thing but from websites. Call into Paypal and speak with customer service; ask to speak to someone higher up if you have to, but explain that the return shipping is more than the actual product itself, and since the seller sent the wrong item, they should have to pay for the return shipping or you should not have to return it. Their buyer protection terms clearly state you "MAY" be required to return it, and their seller terms clearly state "In some cases you may not receive the item back" if they lose a claim under the Buyer Protection Program. I have not gone this route yet because I am still waiting on a valid address from the scammers to actually confirm the shipping charges (I did a random address in the general area and it came up $75+, but want my ducks in a row before I claim the shipping is as large as it is), but the seller is the one who made the error and they should be the ones who are made to pay for it (whether in a full refund or paying to return shipping + refund). The buyer should not have this undo burden when they paid for an item, expected the item they paid for, and got something totally different. Make Paypal accountable; their Buyer Protection says you are covered and never at all states that you HAVE to return it, only that you MAY be required to. If the customer service rep can't/won't see that, ask to speak to someone above them and keep going above until it resolves in your favor because that is nonsense that you have to literally pay for the seller's "mistake".

Login to Me Too

thaikarate
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal doesn't answer phones anymore. Everything is Messaging. 

Login to Me Too

ThriftingFAD
Contributor
Contributor

I talked to them 2 days ago; the wait time was long, but they had the option to call back which I opted for and they called me back in like 45mins. I've called them twice in the past 1.5weeks and talked to someone each time. I intend to call them again if 5 days since Wednesday passes with no resolution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.