Airfare redemption warning and request for PayPal to upgrade their checkout redemption

mtdang90
Contributor
Contributor
Since I somehow cannot give feedback I will do it this way. I usually don't give feedback cuz if they do a good job I advertise them, if they're bad I tell people not to use them, if they're so so I tell them to use them but keep in mind it's hit or miss but I felt like this is important enough for the CEO, the employees and customers to be aware.....so anyway without further ado. I recently redeemed $100 off on airfare for my upcoming vacation. While browsing I filtered how many travelers, dates, and location (the usual) it showed me it was 284.40. Ok no problem, per person right? No problem with the $100 off it was better than me paying for $550 for two people, but the weird thing is when I completely checked out it showed myself, the second traveler, the number of tickets and it said my remaining balance was only 187.40. Ok, weird and cheap but not gonna complain...they call me later saying the 287.40 went through but I still owe them 187.40....turns out I owe them 480!! Even though clearly on my confirmation I printed and on the emailed information it said my remaining balance is 187.40. I understand it's not under their control and that I'm not complaining about the amount but when a client or a customer checks out COMPLETELY they expect to know the full amount they owe. If I knew it was more I wouldn't have paid extra on necessary credit card debt just for someone to tell me that I was not gonna get my flight, I don't have a problem with paying it but I have a problem when I'm told one thing, expect it and I'm being told otherwise. It throws me financially off. PLEASE PAYPAL FOR FUTURE PURPOSES AND FOR YOUR SAKE AND EMPLOYEES' SAKES UPDATE AND UPGRADE YOUR SITES. When customers completely check out with their redemption rewards it should verify that and how much they totally owe you, not how much they owe you for one ticket especially when the customer booked two tickets through you. It will save a lot of time, stress, headache, and prevent unnecessary scolding employees receive. One more thing while I'm on here please update your app to where bill pay is possible. Everyone is able to pay bills through apps, I've been with you guys for a really long time and been waiting for an update for that forever but it hasn't happened. You guys have been doing really good in my eyes and most employees I talk to are helpful but you guys need to keep up with features in the app please and thank you.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.