Age descrimination with survey

Mature_User
New Community Member

I have been a PayPal user for many years and have been happy with the service, particularly with speed of payment and reducing online credit card use.

My first bad experience happened to today when I chose to do the survey in response to an email invitation. I entered my age of 69 and the survey terminated - no explanation - just said it was finished (at 2%).

Is it because our custom isn't valued because we might be dead soon?

Is it because our opinion isn't valued beacuse we might have dementure?

Is it because we might be grumpy about everything? (I wasn't when I started the survey)

Why?

An explanation would have been nice. It is a bit of a slap in the face when you feel that you are written off because of your age. Imagine the outrage if it terminated because of nationality, religion, gender or if you entered negative feedback.

I have unsubscribed from all marketing and surveys so they won't torment me again or waste my time.

I bring it up here because someone might have had a similar experience or know the reasoning behind this. Also there is no appropriate department for email contact and the feedback link on the contact pages is dead.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi Mature_User,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with our survey. Your question is very account specific and I would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPalAU/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.