Adding insult to injury - PayPal communication needs improvement

nrg_svr
Contributor
Contributor

Just posting this snippet from the e-mail I received yesterday about the Canadian debit card I have being 'cancelled'.

Here's what PayPal had to say:

We've received your request to close a PayPal Business Debit Mastercard® tied to your account. There are several possible reasons this card may have been closed, including: 

• You reported your card lost or stolen
  • You recently activated a replacement card
  • A replacement card with a new card number was sent but never activated

If you believe this action was done in error, please contact us as soon as possible at 1-866-888-6080

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

nrg_svr
Contributor
Contributor

So, apparently, as per the e-mail, I had requested the card to be cancelled.

I did call. The number I called couldn't help and had to transfer me to a different department. Then they got on this line and advised what really went down. And since I didn't receive the original e-mail in March, this was total news to me.

And the e-mail announcing that the card was cancelled was pretty aggravating and WASTED my time on hold trying to get to the bottom of things.

I thanked the person on the phone on PayPal's behalf - for finding yet ANOTHER way to make sure they lose my business.

Probably close to $20,000 in PayPal fees paid since joining.

Glad the marketplace has responded with a plethora of other options!

NO REWARD FOR MEDIOCRITY!!

And yes, I will be contacting a federal ombudsman in Ottawa to see if they can handle a complaint against PayPal. It's time for some consumer rights to come first over corporate greed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.