$2500 penalty

Vxz4
Contributor
Contributor

What is the new policy being imposed on Nov 3rd? If I don’t maintain any balance but only use it for purchases, there shouldn’t be any money to steal from me, right?

Login to Me Too
300 REPLIES 300

Raiden_Storm
New Community Member

I'm very sure you know that taking from another without permission is 100% illegal and you'll be in major lawsuits the second you try to impose such.  I myself would have no problem suing you.  You will get so much backlash from the merchants that you will have no choice but to resend this policy update.  You DO NOT touch the accounts of others ... PERIOD

Login to Me Too

CPT_Walt
Contributor
Contributor

Do you trust them now?  Will you leave your money in here and pray that you aren't targeted?

Login to Me Too

BigBobK
Contributor
Contributor

They have been freezing their account holder's money for years now, sometimes for no legitimate reason. They got away with this practice for many years now with little pushback. Now they think they are completely above the law and want to implement unconstitutional TOS and think they will get away with it.

I don't care what side of the fence you are on politically, you need to close your accounts NOW and have them delete every bit of information they have on their servers about you or your dealing with PayPal!

It is time to make a stand, people! CLOSE YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNTS NOW! The $2500 misinformation fine is back in their TOS again! They lied to us through the media and claimed this was all a big error and a mistake when word first got out about the $2500 fine in their TOS and now it is back, clear as day, in their TOS.

United we stand, divided we fall! Stand together and boycott PayPal! DELETE YOUR ACCOUNTS AND ALL DATA THEY HAVE ON YOU ASAP!
God bless freedom lovers across the world!

P.S.  DON'T FORGET THAT PAYPAL ALSO OWNS Venmo, Braintree, Xoom, Zettle, Hyperwallet, Honey, Happy Returns, Chargehound, Paidy, and Simility.

Cancel ALL accounts on EVERY ONE of these platforms!

Login to Me Too

ministryoftalk
New Community Member

I would like to see an official Pay Pal reply on this issue.

Login to Me Too

ConcernedUser3
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently they sent this out "by accident”.

”We’re sorry, we don’t know how we let the mask slip off"

Login to Me Too

CPT_Walt
Contributor
Contributor

Official PayPal reply is that was an "accident".  Yep, well at no time did they ever deny that it was their specific intent to target anti-woke.  The plan was (and is) to fine you, they just got caught, this time.

Login to Me Too

jwmc80

Clicked on the UAP under legal and the policy takes you to a blank page or an unknown page.  So maybe they yanked it.  

Looking forward to an update from the company, but I think I might just pull my business anyway since they think this is acceptable and only after getting huge backlash did they rethink their next big idea.

I'll just use another payment service not like there aren't a million of them to choose from.

Login to Me Too

Temp20221009C
New Community Member

I saw the same information at PayPal's New Policy will Fine Users $2,500 Directly from their Accounts if they Spread "Misinformati...

I'm trying to close my account but someone gave me $20 that I never collected because I refused to link a bank account to PayPal.  My instinct was correct, don't just them with any access to your money.  All credit cards have been deleted from my account. This social credit score crap has to stop.  What are we commie China?  No doubt about it Alax [removed] was right and PayPal sucks.

Login to Me Too

Feathara
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. I made an account here to post this!  I have been on PayPal for a long time. I will leave if they don't take this out. I just read their terms right now and they are still wayyyyy too vague even though they tried to walk this back in the news. Contractually they still have language in there to allow this to happen. Also, when you go to their report mechanism, they still have it on their drop down menu in terms of reporting. This is not ok, PayPal. A bunch of us will close our accounts. Take it off of the drop down menu reporting mechanism and make your contractual language less vague in this category. Calling you out and this is not just from me but the many I know too.

Login to Me Too

user999654321
Contributor
Contributor

Why would PayPal even consider doing something this foolish? 

This is most likely unconstitutional regardless of what PayPal thinks it will do and probably falls under embezzlement or theft, and since I do not agree to the PayPal terms they have backtracked, they should close my account. I'm not going to lose anything. There are many other platforms if you've been trapped in your tiny echo chamber and did not notice, PayPal. 

I do a lot of purchasing with PayPal, but I can easily move to another platform. However, I would prefer they fire all of their foolish employees instead. It's the right thing to do for the success of the company, and the (re)growth of the platform.

How many users do you think closed their accounts? Probably a lot.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.