$2500 penalty

Vxz4
Contributor
Contributor

What is the new policy being imposed on Nov 3rd? If I don’t maintain any balance but only use it for purchases, there shouldn’t be any money to steal from me, right?

Login to Me Too
300 REPLIES 300

jfjoyner3
Contributor
Contributor
This new PayPal policy is anti-free speech and offensive. It is another example of radical wokist efforts to undermine the best of Western culture. The spirit of Stalin lives within the minds of those at PayPal who made this oppressive decision. If PayPal steals $2,500.00 from any one I hope a major federal lawsuit will be brought against PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Framingfan
Contributor
Contributor
I came in and created an account, for the exact same concern. If this policy is in fact real, I'm gone. If this policy is to prevent fraud from sellers, I understand, but this needs clarification asap. I have been with PayPal from the beginning but if this policy is for buyers or posts, it's anti free speech, anti American, against our constitution and plays right into the exclusionary tactics we are seeing from certain far left progressive factions and other websites, businesses, banks, universities and much more. We alone cannot stop these marxist policies, but united as Americans we can choose to push back and this starts by canceling our accounts and using a firms services. I am not a boycott fan. However, if PayPal loses enough accounts it will matter. People have to wise up and care. This is a huge issue if early reports about it are accurate
Login to Me Too

CoffeeLord
Contributor
Contributor

This is outrageous!  What is your legal and leadership team thinking?  This is the worst possible customer service event ever!  Either remove that policy or lose me as a customer, I would rather take the time to get a money order than work with a company that believes it is above us, better than us, and cannot see beyond its virtue signaling.  How dare you think you can get away from this.  I give you until Friday Oct 14,2022 to:

1) Change that policy.

2) Make a huge public apology, and

3) Explain to all of us, that you truly believe that you wish to serve the customer, and not an ideologue who infiltrated your company.

My terms are incredibly fair in light of the power grab you foisted upon your once loyal customers.  Please don’t respond with, we are sorry you feel this way, trope. Do the above or I am jettisoning you as vendor. 

Login to Me Too

CPT_Walt
Contributor
Contributor

CoffeeLord, dont miss the point here.  They already attempted this!  They have already proven that they hate you.  They have already proven that their intent is to silence you and make you suffer financially if you dont agree with them.

How can anyone give them another chance?  They have already violated any trust and exposed themselves for the woke marxists they are.  Dump them now.

Login to Me Too

Legalese919
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed!  They have revealed themselves for who they are.  You can never trust them now and going forward.

Login to Me Too

grunthos1
New Community Member

I have seen this all over the internet, but want to see it posted by PayPal themselves before I scoot off their service. No way will I stay if this is indeed true.

Login to Me Too

CPT_Walt
Contributor
Contributor
Grunthos, bro, what more proof do you need man!  You said yourself that you've seen this all over the internet, so I assume at least a few of those sites are sites that you yourself chose to look at, so you should believe them.  You have also seen 17 pages of comments about this specific issue directly on the PayPal support site.  There is no question that this was a real attempt, not a mistake or accident, and they have to be shut down.  Seriously bro, THEY HATE YOU!  This is real!  They got caught this time, but next time maybe someone wont read the entire TOS.
Login to Me Too

PayPayl pretends it was just an error but the penalty for an even more nebulous term "intolerance" -- to be defined "at PayPaI's sole discretion--remains. Banning you from using their service is bad enough but imagine the Orwellian mindset behind thinking they should fine you for violating their arbitrary  speech code for legal speech.

Login to Me Too

The misinformation update was rescinded after the firestorm. However, many don't realize PayPal's policies (and thus fine) still include a clause specifying the "promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance"  as a violation of Terms.  These terms are defined at the sole discretion of PayPal.  See Paragraph 2.  https://www.paypal.com/cd/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

Login to Me Too

The misinformation policy update was rescinded after the firestorm. However, many don't realize PayPal's policies (and thus potential $2500 "fine") still include a clause specifying the "promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance"  as a violation.  The intolerance terms are defined at the sole discretion of PayPal.  See Paragraph 2.  https://www.paypal.com/cd/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.