$2500 penalty

Vxz4
Contributor
Contributor

What is the new policy being imposed on Nov 3rd? If I don’t maintain any balance but only use it for purchases, there shouldn’t be any money to steal from me, right?

Login to Me Too
300 REPLIES 300

PDA1
Contributor
Contributor

Free speech?  What's all this talk about "free speech".  Yes, we have the right to speak freely....but no one has the right to not be offended.

Login to Me Too

Vexil164
Contributor
Contributor

On Nov. 3rd Paypal is changing their policy so they can debit/fine your account $2500 if they deem something you've said or done is "hateful". I will be deleting my Paypal account this month before the policy rolls out, will anyone else? Completely disgusting behavior from Paypal, I hope they lose most of their customer base, they deserve to lose everything for such overreaching policy. On an app where financial liberty is the entire use case they want to step all over it. 

Login to Me Too

Olsparkee
New Community Member

I definitely will. If this information is true, they have violated the rules of my use.

Login to Me Too

ConcernedUser3
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I’m definitely looking for an alternative.

Login to Me Too

wantpjw
Contributor
Contributor

i just spoke to PayPal and they said that this is NOT true and that they were Not doing this that someone is spreading misinformation 

Login to Me Too

Arby2022
New Community Member

It's true, but they are backtracking on it because of the outcry and people deleting their accounts.  Nevertheless, it shines a bright light on what the company TRULY is and it's nothing most good people want to be associated with regardless.  

Login to Me Too

Vexil164
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, PayPal claims it was a mistake but I know they're lying. I'm still closing this account. 

Login to Me Too

Rmclaughlin

Baloney. They were implementing it and then they got challenged on it. Then it was oops that was an accident

Login to Me Too

Dadawada

BS...it was in their Ts & Cs and they got caught. There is no **bleep** accident about it...

Login to Me Too

Arby2022
New Community Member

Even Elon Musk and Forbes is saying to dump PayPal over their woke agenda.  I mean, fining people thousands for free thought isn't exactly how we work in the USA.  Who does PayPal think they are to punish people for the way they think?  Who made PayPal God? Actually charging member for personal beliefs that don't align with their political ideology.  Have they learned nothing from the long list of woke business failures?   Besides, who wants to be associated with what is now one of the most hated companies on earth?  

While PayPal has backtracked on their "think how we order you to, or we will fine you thousands" policy, someone there thought is was a good idea.  While they said it was a mistake, In fact they thought it such a good idea that PayPal proudly announced their new gestapo policy, undoubtedly with an evil grin and laugh.  But this is obviously how PayPal views members.   Regardless, the smart resolution is the same...DUMP THEM!  DUMP THEIR STOCK!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.