$2500 penalty

Vxz4
Contributor
Contributor

What is the new policy being imposed on Nov 3rd? If I don’t maintain any balance but only use it for purchases, there shouldn’t be any money to steal from me, right?

Login to Me Too
300 REPLIES 300

RSebire
Contributor
Contributor

I suggest you remove any contacts from your profile first before deleting your account.

PayPal will say they have deleted your data and closed your account, but they are required to keep your data ect for 10 years after account closure.

So by minimising your data first, they will not be able to "fingerprint" you so well.

There are many alternatives to PayPal now such as PayU from Poland.

And unlike PayPal they wont rob you based on yiur geographical location like they did to millions of Russians, nor rob you for your political beliefs like they have already done to many others

Login to Me Too

RSebire
Contributor
Contributor

"I will be deleting my Paypal account this month before the policy rolls out, will anyone else?"

I too am currently researching alternatives to this so called financial institution.

Other payment processors exist, but weather they are even any use in 2022 is another question.

It's not 1990 anymore....

PayPal has shown it's true colours and they are not those that one can agree morally with.

I have taken this as a provacation, as thats what it was intended to be anyway.

PayPal is just a old luxury that I no longer require, that not only has out lived it's purpose, but has also become unfit for purpose.

Login to Me Too

ConcernedUser3
Contributor
Contributor

When did PayPal become an entity that threatens to take your money? Who exactly determines what is acceptable?

https://www.paypalobjects.com/marketing/ua/pdf/US/en/acceptableuse-full-110322.pdf

Login to Me Too

Renb
Contributor
Contributor

Also interested.  Getting ready to say goodbye to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

phaedruscj
New Community Member

PayPal is not allowing accounts to be closed

Login to Me Too

Stosh1964
New Community Member

I am currently trying to close my account.  Through my account settings I click close account.  It says it can't because I have funds in my wallet, I click on wallet and have nothing, never have had anything.

I am trying now to get some paypal support to just close my account...

Login to Me Too

LameCranberry
Contributor
Contributor

I also want to know if this is true.  Who gets to decide? 

Login to Me Too

jjenista
New Community Member

Sent this in the "Message Us" chat box, but the bot did not understand:  "Please rescind new $2500 arbitrary AUP immediately. Otherwise, I intend to close my PayPal and Venmo accts and rely on Zelle, and close my eBay acct and rely on Amazon."

Login to Me Too

Murphwish
Contributor
Contributor

trying to open the acceptable use policy - it opens a BLANK PDF with filename acceptableuse-full-110322.pdf 

Trying to close the account after xfer funds out and get an error that won't let me close the account or remove my bank info. The error says call. BS. Paypal doesn't get to decide the truth. We know much of what was called misinformation related to politics, crime (Hunter), health (CDC/FDA/HHS/etc on vaccine risks and benefits), the racism of woke exclusion and false equity, etc, and now bleeding into business...times up. Closing up the account as soon as they let me go. To late to fix. You can't fine me for my thoughts and speech, especially when woke-defined misinformation turns out to be totally true.  Done.

Login to Me Too

gk-bredbeddle
New Community Member
Dear PayPal, I don’t even post political content — and it has nothing to do with my business. And yet, If a policy like this ever goes through, I will cancel my PayPal business account in protest. Keep politics out of business. Keep politics out of big tech! You have been warned.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.