"The selected bank account is invalid" - Attempting to set up a subscription payment for a service

cronayne94
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone,

I am attempting to set up a monthly subscription payment with a company for a service they offer. When I click the small yellow PayPal login button shown and enter my details, the message below appears saying that "the selected bank account is invalid". How could this be? I have sufficient funds in my account to make the monthly payments and used to the same bank account to send an initial upfront payment without any trouble. However, when I attempt the subscription payment, I am met with an error. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated - See screenshot below.

Thanks,
Conor

i6^cimgpsh_orig.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cronayne94

I am not 100% sure but as its a regular payment and not a one off payment currency may be an issue.

Your best bet is to give UK customer services a call, they are based in Dublin anyway so they should be able to advise you more accurately.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cronayne94

Could be you are trying to send dollars from a UK bank account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cronayne94
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Yes, I'm attempting to send the money from an Irish bank account.

The company is US-based and asks for the payment in dollars.

I didn't realize a difference in currency would be a problem?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cronayne94

I am not 100% sure but as its a regular payment and not a one off payment currency may be an issue.

Your best bet is to give UK customer services a call, they are based in Dublin anyway so they should be able to advise you more accurately.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cronayne94
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help @kernowlass - I will go do that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.