Why do I have a Direct Debit to Paypal half-yearly?

MaddieJones
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Direct Debit going out to Paypal half-yearly for £27.01. Does anyone know what this is for? It doesn't show on my Paypal statement - so I assume it's a usage charge of some kind?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MaddieJones

Why do you think its half yearly?

Your direct debits only show the last seller that you paid via your bank account.

So the last seller i paid was for £56 but that is not half yearly its a one off.

The same as i paid my electric bill for £305 on my online direct debits, but that is not half yearly its just the last time i oaid them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MaddieJones
Contributor
Contributor
It says half-yearly in the Direct Debit info in my online banking.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MaddieJones

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DanielJR
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey there MaddieJones,

Thank you for your post and a big welcome to the PayPal Community Forum :):)

If the charge refers to being bi-yearly it is possible you have inadvertently set up a recurring billing agreement when making a payment to the merchant in question.

You can review the running subscriptions active on your PayPal account via the below steps;

Here’s how to view the status of your subscriptions:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. Click Payments.
  4. Under 'Manage your payments', click Manage Payments.

You can view the status of your subscription under ‘Status’

You can view the status of your subscription under "Status."

If you hadn't intended on continuing this subscription please follow the below to cancel the subscription/recurring payment;

Here’s how to cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon near the top of the page.
  3. Click Payments.
  4. Under 'Manage Upcoming Payments', click Pre-approved Payments.
  5. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
  6. In the 'Cancel Confirmation' pop-up, click Yes.

To request a refund for a subscription, contact the seller of the subscription.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue of these charges but do remember you can always contact our customer support team on freephone 0800-358 7911

-DanielJR

Login to Me Too

MaddieJones
Contributor
Contributor

It's a direct debit coming out of my bank account to Paypal - but there's nothing in my Paypal activity that matches with the amount or date. In my bank statement it says 'Paypal Payment', and it's £27.01.

Is it some sort of subscription to Paypal itself???

Login to Me Too

DanielJR
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey there MaddieJones 🙂

Hope your keeping well 🙂

There could be a couple different reasons and the majority of the time their is a discrepency would be due to partial funded payment through the DD or sending a payment in a foreign currency.

-The chances are that when this payment was debited you may have had some funds on your balance and the charge applied to your bank account for £27.01 GBP is the outstanding amount that was required to complete the payment.

-You may have sent a payment in a foreign currency and the amount sent would not be the same as that on your statement due to conversions and assosciated costs.

Hopefully it is one of the above however please contact us, Freephone 08003587911

-DanielJR

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.