Unable to reactivate the profile.

hm2k
New Community Member

I customer has started a new subscription for $6 per month.

I decided to give this customer their first month free, so I refused the innitial payment so the subscription failed and was suspended.

I then went on to reactivate their subscription, but it says "Unable to reactivate the profile."

I can't understand why I am getting this error.

Any ideas what is causing this problem and how can I fix it?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_david

Hi Hm2k,

I would think that it may be due to you never receiving a payment from your customer. You should consider cancelling the subscription and then asking them to make a payment when the next payment is due and this should reactivate the subscription between yourself and your customer's PayPal accounts.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

apprbiz
New Community Member

I have the same issue. My subscription customer paid their first payment. When the second payment was skipped (another PayPal issue), I invoiced the customer (as a PayPal customer service rep suggested). The customer paid the invoice. I canceled the payment for the month and her account was suspended. Now I cannot reactivate the account.

Login to Me Too

cyandippy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm having exactly the same problem and keep being sent round in circles by the customer service team. 

How did you manage to sort it out?

thanks

Login to Me Too

Innow
Contributor
Contributor

I have same problem. When I click "Reactive" I got error "unable to reactive the profile". 

But I found the solution: 
1. Change "This profile will be suspended after" -> "No limit failur"
2. Before you can save, you need write something to the message textarea 
3. Save
4. Click "Reactive" and it works!

Paypal is a little complicated 😉

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Innow, 

Thanks for your update and your detailed response.  I am sure it will help other members. 

Kudos to you 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

moomoo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Innow,

Where do you do: (I've looked and looked!)

1. Change "This profile will be suspended after" -> "No limit failur"

Login to Me Too

Innow
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Profile -> My selling tools -> My automatic payments (update) -> Click your suspended customer's name -> Change -> Number of failed payments allowed before suspending this profile -> No limit      (this name is changed)

Login to Me Too

moomoo
Contributor
Contributor

thanks you sooo much!

Login to Me Too

tcarnell
Contributor
Contributor

Wonderful, thanks. Perhaps the 'suspended limit' is not reset when you attempt to reactive the subscription, so if there is already 1 failed payment, the subscription is not allowed to be reactivated. I found a similar solution - I set the 'failed payment' limit to 2 (the one that already failed and the next one). Reactivation then succeeded.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.