Suspicious Direct Debit

anticod
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Paypal for 2 years i think,  and today i was logging into my bank account online and i notice that 20 pounds missing. I was looking through my transactions and guess what. "DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO PAYPAL PAYMENT REF 5RE22227NCWLS, MANDATE NO 0001"  8.89 Pounds. So still missing more than 11 pounds then i scrolled down "DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO PAYPAL PAYMENT REF 5RE22227NCWLS, MANDATE NO 0001" 12 Pounds. In just one day difference, i check my direct debits, guess what, direct debit to paypal. I cancelled it and i tried to remove my cards from my Paypal accounts since they are charging me for nothing, all the time when i am buying i am buying full price, no debits, no rates, no credit. And guess what, "We're sorry, you can't remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later.". WTF is that, what pending transactions, i tried to see on my paypal activity where do this money goes, but again guess what? Nothing, Paypal is not showing me any of this payments. I tried to contact them on email and they just send me an automatically message to visit some links, noting usefull. Now i just contacted my bank, i will ask for full refund and to block any payments to paypal. Nobody explain me anything, so i'll just quit using PayPal in future, i'll just pay cash since PayPal is not secure anymore.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

-smc-
Contributor
Contributor

Hi anticod,

When making a Payment through PayPal the funds in your PayPal balance will be used first, the outstanding balance of your purchase will then be debited from your bank. Please login to your PayPal account, click "activity" and review your purchases. Click on "transaction details" and you will get the payment breakdown.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

DanielJR
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi anticod,

Thank you for you post and sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with your account and locating payments.

When you see a debited amount on your bank account where it refers to PayPal the charge will show 2-4 days later on your statement than in your PayPal account and may be different is you send a foreign currency denominated payment.

If this does not help you locate the payments in your PayPal account, please give us a call on our freephone number 0800-358-7911

When you call we will be able to assist and take the appropriate action for you where needed to recover any unauthorized payments and secure your account.

In the meantime:

To report a payment you do not recognise you may report this by following the below steps:

If you suspect that someone has made an unauthorised payment using your PayPal account, here's how to report it:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem with a purchase.
  3. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  4. Select 'Unauthorised transaction: I did not authorise a recent transaction.' and click Continue.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

-DanielJR

Login to Me Too

anticod
Contributor
Contributor

I sorted out. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.