Recurring Payments - Can PayPal withdraw from a Bank Account (UK)

Vivid_Web
Contributor
Contributor

I sell a few items allowing people to pay by recurring monthly installments for 12 months. One of my customer's payments bouced last week, and again on Friday.

The customer is adamant that there are funds in his Bank Account, and that he has never had funds in his PayPal account.

My querey is: When paying for a recurring payment, will PayPal also deduct the funds from a registered Bank Account or Payment Card - or will it only attempt to pay with the PayPal funds?

Clearly I need to know so that I can assess if the Recurring Payments is the right option for me, and so I can advise my other customers about what steps they need to take in the future.

Cheers,

Gareth

Vivid Web Design UK

www.vividwebdesignuk.co.uk

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_barry

Hi Gareth, ideally the funding source for recurring payments would be a card, as this is instant. Bank transfers can take too long and the PayPal balance is an unreliable source for a recurring payment. If the sender of the funds is having issues making payment they should then contact customer service directly.

Your customers can change their funding sources by following the steps below.

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘My preapproved payments’ under ‘Financial Information.’ (Don’t see this step? Follow the alternative set of instructions below.)
  4. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to change under ‘Merchants.’
  5. Click ‘Change’ under ‘Funding Source.’
  6. Select an alternate payment method and click ‘Save.’

Or

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Select ‘My money’.
  4. In the ‘My preapproved payments’ section, click ‘Update’.
  5. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to change under ‘Merchants’.
  6. Click ‘Change’ under ‘Funding Source’.
  7. Select an alternate payment method and click ‘Save’.

Hope that helps. Good luck

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.