PayPal updated terms and conditions notification and email addresses

xavw
Contributor
Contributor

I recently changed my email address used with PayPal. My new email address is now confirmed, is the primary and my previous email address has been deleted.

However, I recently received a "Your Legal Agreements with PayPal" email at my old address. This is a genuine PayPal email and not some phishing attempt.

This does concern me as it's only by chance that I saw this as it's a mailbox I'm about to lose and no longer have access to. It would be problematic to receive updated legal agreements to which I have to agree to in an email address I no longer have access to nor am aware of the changes!

I've been through all my account settings and there's no mention of my old email address.

My guess is these emails are part of a different subscription list which isn't being updated to reflect primary email account addresses.

Please advise!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xavw

You may have to ask customer services this one but try this first.

Click on profile (cog icon next to log out) > notifications in the blue band at the top > 'click' on your email addy that is showing on the left > on the right is a list of email addresses you use / have used, is the tick by the correct one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

xavw
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks @kernowlass I've just checked, and the email address mentioned there is the correct updated one. It's strange because the bottom two options (account info changed and policy updates) are ticked (and not un-tickable) so it should go to the address listed but it doesn't.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.