Netflix Issues!

VONsaur
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to find a solution to this but so far all I've seen is people with the same problem so I thought I'd try my luck and ask myself. 

I've had Netflix for a few months now, I used my PayPal to pay for it but this month I didn't have enough in my bank to cover it so Netflix started requesting that I update payment information. I entered my PayPal details and I keep receiving the message "Your PayPal transaction has been cancelled". 

I contacted Netflix and they told me PayPal is blocking it? Have I accidentally changed a setting or something? Is there any way to fix this? I don't see why there's suddenly an issue when nothing has changed. Smiley Sad

To clear up any potential questions:

• Yes there is enough funds in my bank.
  • My PayPal balance is not negative.
  • My card/bank details have not changed.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

VONsaur
Contributor
Contributor
I tried again today (4th or 5th day of trying to pay) and it worked first time. Still none the wiser of why this happened. Unless it was Netflix's fault and they fixed it without telling me *shrugs*
Login to Me Too

germanolivares
New Community Member

Having the same issue

"Your PayPal transaction has been cancelled."

Anyone knows how to solve it? Whose responsibility is it? I'm trying to pay for my new Netflix account. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi germanolivares, 

Thanks for posting. 

If you have a subscription with Netflix and a payment fails it can cause the subscription to be cancelled. 

You can check that on your account like this http://ow.ly/SQ4AE . If you are getting that error when making your first payment to Netflix it may be that you don't have a confirmed card or bank linked to your account. You would need to connect the subscription to one of those. 

If it is not either of those things I would recommend speaking to our customer service to find out more. Just click 'contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.