How to delete pre approved payments (not cancel).

Spatacus
Contributor
Contributor

How can I delete old pre approved payments from the list that comes up?  I don't mean how to cancel them, they've been cancelled for years, but I have a long list of old pre approved payments and I'd like to delete most of them totally, I can see no way of doing this, anyone know how before I to contact Paypal  themselves?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Spatacus
Contributor
Contributor

Contacted paypal, they don't even know how to do it, useless feckers.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Spatacus,

I understand you and sorry for the inconvenience but you can’t delete this info from your PayPal account for privacy reasons. To view our Privacy Policy, go to www.paypal.com/uk, log in to your account and click Privacy near the bottom of the page.

I hope this info helps.

Thanks for posting!

Arda

Login to Me Too

Spatacus
Contributor
Contributor

It's for privacy reasons I want to delete it!!  Guess I'll have to close the account and open another, lot of bother ain't it? to do a simple task.  geez.

Login to Me Too

uhav2Laf
New Community Member

Hello, I wish to delete, not cancel the names in my pre-approved payments list too. If you can't do it then I will have to cancel my account and re-establish it as others have done. 

That seems to me to be ridiculous. It is "my" account and therefore I should be the one in control of the information shown within.

I hope logic will prevail and that you can delete the information as I do not wish it to be shown for privacy reasons concerning me.

Thank you,

Peter

Login to Me Too

Greywhale
New Community Member

This is appalling. I won't be using pre-approved payments ever again. You're losing business PayPal because of this RUBBISH policy.

Login to Me Too

samyfam
Contributor
Contributor

I also find this bizarre !

I have raised a help "ticket" with customer services as below:

"I notice from the PayPal-Community pages that other peope have asked how do they delete (not cancel) pre-approved payments that are no longer active. The answer from PayPal is that to allow such a function is in contravention of your privacy policy BUT you do not identify which section/paragraph of said policy covers this. As others have said, I feel this is bizarre given that in any other on-line finance institutions, such as banks/building societies/credit card lenders/etc, you can delete standing orders/direct debits/continous authorisations/etc as part of their normal services. Will you please identify which part of your privacy policy relates to this issue and consider changing it to be inkeeping with other financial institutions."

Will post back their reply (if any !).

Login to Me Too

samyfam
Contributor
Contributor

Having wasted much of my time, and exchanged many messages, PayPal customer services have proven themselves absolutely useless !

Despite repeating my request multiple times, they just kept pointing me at where to find the privacy policy, and trying to "help me" CANCEL pre-approved payments despite me repeatedly saying I didnt need help canceling anything but was asking about DELETING !

Why is it nowadays nobody seems to read anything properly anymore ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.