How do i cancel a direct debit on PayPal?

RyanChadwick

I have searched for this suject before on here and i can't get the answer i'm looking for, The only thread that comes up is from 2012 and the website has since been updated and i can't follow the instructions given. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Here’s how to cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

Paypal summary page > profile (spanner looking icon next to log out) > bottom right paypal settings > pre-approved payments.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you mean a scheduled payment?

Or do you mean the direct debit you set up to withdraw funds to your bank account?

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RyanChadwick

I guess scheduled payments. I am currently subscired to a few various online games and i'de like to cancel my subscription with. But i cannot do it through they're websies and one states that i must cancel them through PayPal.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Here’s how to cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

Paypal summary page > profile (spanner looking icon next to log out) > bottom right paypal settings > pre-approved payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RyanChadwick

Oh thats fantastic! Thank you very much, Kernowlass! 🙂 Kudos to you!

Login to Me Too

stellak
Contributor
Contributor

paypal automatically set up the direct debit to withdraw money from my bank account but i didnt set it up and got an email about confirmation of bank funding instruction and they have sent a direct debit instruction to my bank but i dont want that and i dont know how to cancel the direct debit....

Login to Me Too

OrdosAlpha

If you signed up for online banking with your bank, then sign into your online banking account on your bank's website, find the section. Once signed in, select the bank account use used for the PayPal transaction that set up the direct debit without your permission. Click on the link/tab that should say something similar to "Direct Debits & Standing Orders". You should be shown a list of all the direct debits and standing orders set up on that bank account. Locate the PayPal one and cancel it. If further payments are still taken by PayPal, then you need to contact PayPal support and inform them that they've been stealing from you and you want your money back. If you don't haven't signed up for online banking, then you need to pop into your local bank branch ASAp and have them cancel the direct debit for you. Plus follow the instructions given in the post marked as the solution to cancel the very same thing on PayPal itself.

Just had to deal with this very situation myself with a direct debit PayPal set up without my authorisation. Transaction in question was for peanuts, basically, but PayPal had no right to set up a direct debit with my bank without my permission.

Login to Me Too

GaryCook
Contributor
Contributor

Another old non-relevant post appearing at the top of searches. I only want to cancel a subscription. Why bury it. 

Login to Me Too

oscar1232
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.