Foreign Currency Subscription Payment with PayPal Balance?

Qasimehdi
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal account is registered in the UK and I have currency in GBP and USD in my PayPal account, with GBP being the primary currency.

I've recently purchased subscription for a magazine that only takes payments in USD. Now my question is, when the subscription renews, will the USD I have in my account be deducted for payment, or will the GBP balance be converted into USD, since GBP is my default currency?

Since Payment Conversion rates are higher than Balance Conversion rates, I'd like to find out which of the above is true so I can make changes to currency settings accordingly.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Qasimehdi,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

The funds will be taken from your USD balance if there are funds available. This is regardless of whether your primary currency is GBP or not.

- Siobhan

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Qasimehdi,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

The funds will be taken from your USD balance if there are funds available. This is regardless of whether your primary currency is GBP or not.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.