Error when trying to make payment

ChrisF2017
New Community Member

Hi all,

Whenever a customer tries to login to make a payment from my website, they are getting the following error:

This site can’t be reached

www.live11.paypal.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Is there any current/known issues regarding this? 

It is happening after people click "Subscribe" on this page (http://berugbymagazine.com/subscribe/) and then try to login to make payment.

Cheers

Chris
Login to Me Too
47 REPLIES 47

WPArtisan
New Community Member

Same. I'm also having this problem.

Login to Me Too

mrjames
Contributor
Contributor
Also other server names live live16. This is happening for an eBay purchase. PayPal account has 2FA which might be unrelated but has caused many issues in the past. Edit: This failure occurs for me eBay purchases after the handover to PayPal at the step where an SMS is sent btw. Both app and mobile website. First error was about two hours ago, failing still as at 5 minutes ago.
Login to Me Too

Great2own
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me too.

Login to Me Too

CREWBAY
New Community Member

Yep me too. This is effecting sales on my website. Needs fixing asap!!

Login to Me Too

Dorothie
Contributor
Contributor
The same here. Cannot log into Paypal via Ebay to pay an invoice, it keeps sending me this type of error if I'm using my mobile phone, or just offering to log in again and again if I'm on my PC.
Login to Me Too

DSher
Contributor
Contributor

Been getting the same issue on our site all morning, and unable to take payments. Tried to get through to PayPal support but the UK office is closed due to weather conditions - ended up speaking to someone in Russian tech support who said "call back tomorrow" - helpful!

Login to Me Too

HelenBanpas
Contributor
Contributor

same here, we are getting emails left right and centre that clients can't make payment.  Getting the exact same error as above

Login to Me Too

pacificgym
New Community Member

same problem, customers suddenly cannot subscribe for my services. same error DNS issue.

Login to Me Too

Ballchinian
Contributor
Contributor

Same **bleep**, trying to buy something getting this error. Ridiculous that they are not responding.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.