Come on PayPal! Subscriptions not even executed

coolspotsos
New Community Member

I run a subscription web service- We give little grace period over failed payments so when Paypal fails to even process them it looks pretty bad on us.

PayPal Pro is a premium service, We (myself and other businesses) pay monthly for there service. Late last year they had an issue with processing payments that caused use to receive a number of "skipped payment" emails, the PayPal online status reported no issues but it was too strange that the volume of failed payments were so high for a particular week. I phoned and was told that there was an issue and they would proccess the payments again. Fine, extended the grace period and sure enough the payments eventually came through.

On the 1st of March 2017, No IPN, No Skipped Payments, No payments received, NOTHING. LIVE STATUS REPORTS: NO ISSUES.

I've checked every single recurring payment profile due today and the dates are still showing the 1st of March but NO PAYMENTS RECEIVED (it's now the 2nd). 

I don't get it, for something that is quite tough to implement, comes with a monthly fee but still can't get their recurring payments as slick as the guys that are offering it for free.

In case you haven't noticed I'm disappointed PayPal, I expect better. Service disruption is acceptable from time to time but if you're not going to keep us informed when issues are in the horizon how can we prepare. 

PLEASE SORT THIS, I will take 30 mins out of my day to call your Support guys but I sincerely hope we don't experience CHURN from this. 

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

NatalieG1

Did you manage to get this resolved? I have chatted with paypal 7 times this week and they still can't advise as to why payments keep skipping. Very annoying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.