Closing a deceased members account

oafcmarky
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can somebody advise how to close a family members account that has passed away, i spoke to someone earlier but was rather unhelpfull !!!!! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oafcmarky

Only the account owner can close their account, unless the owner is deceased.

To close the account of a person who is deceased, please collect the documents below and fax them to us:

•    A cover sheet from the executor (or a person who is duly appointed or authorized to administer the estate of the deceased customer) identifying the account by the primary email address, stating that the account holder is deceased and that the executor wishes to have the PayPal account closed.
•    A copy of the death certificate for the account holder.
•    A copy of a government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport or state-issued ID) of the executor of the estate.
•    Legal documentation or a copy of the will that identifies the executor of the estate.

Note: If this PayPal account has a balance, we will also require a letter that specifies what to do with the money that remains in the account.

Please fax the documents and our Compliance department will review for account closure.

Once all necessary documentation has been received and reviewed, the account will be closed within 1-2 business days.

We can disburse any money that remains in the account in one of the following ways:
  • the balance in the deceased customer’s PayPal account may be transferred to the bank account on the customer’s PayPal account. An executor will have access to the deceased customer’s bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

oafcmarky
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much 👍🏻
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.