Charity registration

pobster33
New Community Member

Hi,

We're a registered charity, I signed us up as a not-for-profit and I understand we will be charged reduced fees. Having looked throught the forums I know I need to send some documents of our status as proof, however I can't find anything other than a fax number and we don't have a fax!

Is there another way to send this or have I missed something somewhere in the set-up?

Thanks,

James

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact customer services and i am sure they will provide you with an email addy you can attach the forms to.

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KSMRT
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying for over 6 months to get our UK mountain rescue team onto the advertised charity rate. It has proved impossible.  I have sent emails with information and offered documentation (including our charity number which is of course easily looked up on the Charity Commission website).  We have been taking hundreds of pounds over the period and have obviously lost quite a lot of money. When I get some sort of response it is a request to send documents but you cannot email them back and there's nowhere in the account that allows you to upload documents. I have been told that there are messages in my 'Message Centre' which doesn't exist (I spent an hour on the phone to customer service while they tried to figure out where it might be). It seems that PayPal will do everything they can to avoid putting a charity onto the advertised rate and it is, to say the least, extremely disappointing and potentially very bad PR for them.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi KSMRT,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear this. It is very unusual that you are waiting so long, I would assume that we are waiting for some additional documents from your organisation.

Regrettably we can’t see your account details here. I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review your account and escalate this matter for you.

We also provide support via Social Media 24/7. You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.