Charity fees

ctnepl
Contributor
Contributor

We have recently become a UK registered charity.  Please can you clarify what the fees would be for accepting donations, as the only ones I can find are priced in US dollars.  I'm sure they're on here somewhere but I just can't track them down.  Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Kasubi
Contributor
Contributor

KSMRT, I really sympathise.

Trying to navigate the labyrinth that is setting up a charity PayPal account.

There seems to be such a deliberate lack of helpful information, it's almost as though PayPal don't want anyone on lower rates.

I suppose it's because it's probably been designed by people who have never set up a charity before, and have therefore never had to go through the process. 

Fingers crossed we get there in the end. Unless anyone can suggest an alternative online payment method which is friendly to charities?

PayPal - never underestimate the usefulness of a short video tutorial. I know you like using them for flashy aspirational living clips about New Money, but perhaps rein it back in a little and create some informative walk-throughs. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Kasubi,

Thanks for posting in the forum. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties experienced while setting up an account for your charity organization.  Your feedback will be passed on to ensure that the process is clearer for our customers.  You can find more information and contact details in the following link:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/non-profit

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Acomb
Contributor
Contributor

Is it still the case that Paypal will only accept charities that are registered with the charity commission not that have charitable status or has this changed since the earlier posts, also do you have a business support email to send the documents too ?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.