Cannot set up Student Paypal account

Motherson95
Contributor
Contributor

My son wanted to open up a Student Paypal account, but when he filled all the details and clicked continue, there was a notice that said :

"A PayPal account already exists for the email address you entered. Please use a different email or, if you didn't want to create a Student Account, log in to PayPal."

Can somebody help me?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Motherson95

You can't set up 2 paypal accounts with the same email address if that is what you are trying to do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Motherson95
Contributor
Contributor
But my son's email has never been used to create an account on PayPal. He even made a new one, but the notice kept popping up after he clicked continue.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Motherson95 & kernowlass,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

The student account feature is only available in the US but in this scenario, you might actually be best to reach out to us through Facebook or Twitter so we can take a specific look at that email address and establish what's happening here. You could also contact us by phone or email though.

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

Would you consider giving one of these options a try so we can do our best to help?

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.