Transfer money to greendot account?

Yarielis
New Community Member

Hi,

I have a greendot debit card, is there a way to tranfer money from my paypal account to greendot debit card?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello again!

At this time, withdrawals out to GreenDot - or any debit or credit card - are not available for our members.  To see a full list of your options for sending, receiving, and withdrawing money, see www.paypal.com/worldwide.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

simpilot7
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have been using GreenDot for a couple of years, and I have no problem transferring money to the account. You must use the "Direct Deposit" option to do so (check the Green Dot website after you log in.)  You need to verify the account with Paypal, as Green Dot will provide you with a Routing and Account number. Once you set it up (about 3 days) you may then transfer to your card (which is actually a bank that is associated with the card.)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone,

Only traditional banking institutions - such as a bank account or a credit union - should be added using the "Add a Bank" feature.  Pre-paid cards that double as a bank account can cause other problems on an account, including their removal, account limitations, or withdrawal errors.  As such, we recommend using only traditional banking institutions with this feature.

Thank you!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.