My Student's Account Permissions Won't Save

wvufan21
Contributor
Contributor

I opened my son a student account and I'm not able to change his permissions. It's default settings don't include using his account online so I change them, click save, get a message box that says it saved, yet when I check it, it reverts back to the default settings. Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch of some sort?

Thanks a lot

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ChayaChayaChaya
Contributor
Contributor

I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this issue out, and so I'll save you some time and trouble and say that in another forum, PayPal has said it's a glitch and they're working to fix it.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Grace4utwo
New Community Member

I am stiil having this same issue myself! I guess they haven't fixed it yet?? But in the meantime,my student is driving me crazy because he can't use his card! Ugh! Help us Paypal!!

Login to Me Too

PAJ
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal told me the solution is not coming soon and my best bet was to delete the account and start a new one with a different email address.  My daughter needs her PayPal master card so if I do that she'll be without money for weeks while new cards are issued for the new account.  

Login to Me Too

PAJ
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone with this problem had it corrected?  It's been over a month with no communication from PayPal beyond the first email I got stating they were working on it and it was real hard.  Curious if there's been any progress at all.

Login to Me Too

woodpicker
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also unable to save permissions in my son's student account. I never took away those permissions to begin with. One day he called me to ask why he didn't have permission to send money or buy on eBay. Although the site says I changed permissions, they are not saved. In the past month I've emailed 3 times and called twice to no avail. Once I was told the settings were changed to my request by paypal but they were not. If you are having this same issue let me know if you get it resolved.

Login to Me Too

PAJ
Contributor
Contributor

I'm convinced this isn't being looked at by Paypal.  It's been many weeks with no progress.  My email inquiries are just answered with a terse "we're working on it, be patient".   I'm guessing  there are too few of us with this issue and they aren't going to put any resources towards it.  Manually updating our preferences in their database cannot be difficult, someone just has to want to do that on their end.  Seeing the previous post where that was promised but not delivered is disheartening. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.