Forgot PIN -- How do I change it?

brendan13
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone; got a problem. I forgot my PIN for my student card and when I click on "Permissions" I do not see any option to change my PIN; only things like 

Your Parent Allows you to:

Shop Online 

Send Money

Transfer Money from your bank account

Use Your Paypal Studenet Card

I see no options to change my PIN. How?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Macushla
New Community Member

I have the same problem, I called and they said that when they updated the site the button to let you change your PIN was left out by accident. It should be up sometime next week, I think he might've said after Thursday, not sure. I also asked if there was any other way to change the PIN, and unfortunately no, you just have to wait for them to fix the site.

So you'll be able to change it sometime late next week, hopefully.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Macushla,

You may want to try this, if you haven't already.

To change your Student Card PIN: Go to the PayPal website and log in to your Student account, click "Permissions/notifications," create and confirm a new PIN, click "Change."

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

tramajaha
New Community Member

I went to my students account and clicked permissions and notification.  There's no place to change the pin under this or even under the account profile.  What should I do now?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello tramajaha,

I am sorry you are not able to find where to change your PIN. I would suggest calling PayPal directly to see if we can help you figure out why it is not showing up for you.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

rainwater4805
Contributor
Contributor

well here it is Dec 2011 and still no way to change a pin if you forget yours. This really **bleep**!  My daughter's student card expire and no way to request a new one.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello rainwater4805,

I am sorry you are having these troubles, I would be frustrated as well. It sounds like you may need to contact PayPal directly since you forgot your PIN and have no way to reset it, especially if the card is expired.

To contact PayPal directly - log into your PayPal account, click on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen and you will be given a phone number and a PIN.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

JodyJ80014
New Community Member

Administrator:

Thank you for your instruction on "how to change the student card pin". It proved very helpful. Your detailed instructions were easy to follow and appreciated. Keep up the great job!

Jody

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello JodyJ80014, 

You are very welcome! I am so glad you were able to follow the instructions I provided and got this taken care of.

~Misty 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.