Can't use student account for online payments

Languidiir
Contributor
Contributor

First of all, every time I go on to my account it tells me that I still have to enter my confirmation code, which I'm pretty sure I already did, and then when I enter it again it tells me I don't have permission to view that page. The debit card is clearly activated, because I've made several real-world purchases with it.

However, when I tried to link my student account to iTunes, it said that I didn't have permission to shop online. My mother enabled this on my account, so I tried again. This time, it gives me a more general error: "You don't have permission to complete this action." I have no idea why, since all the appropriate permissions seem to have been granted.

This isn't terribly urgent or anything, I would just rather use my online account to pay for things so that I don't have to go out and buy gift cards. Can anybody help?

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

VinceHD
New Community Member

Yeah, where is paypal? I am also having the problem. I'm getting tired of having to transfer money from my account to my Dad's just to buy something... Please fix this soon.

Login to Me Too

knieten
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like PayPal isn't paying any attention to this anymore.  It might be time to organize something amongst ourselves such as coordinating a day of everyone just calling in to complain about this issue.  Maybe if their phone lines are clogged by irate customers they'll start to pay attention again.  What do you guys think?

Login to Me Too

Raskovik
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any kind of legal action that can be taken? 😕

Login to Me Too

ZentheSeller

Getting the same problem, an fixes? I'm hoping this problem isn't actually taking months and months to fix. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.