Refund echeck pending

Amir25
Contributeur
Contributeur

Hello

Today I issued a refund to one buyer but I  used wrong currency accidentaly (usd). My paypal balance is in euros.

So the refund came as echeck to my bank account and it is pending but my bank is closed.

Please what can I do ? Can I cancel it or using my paypal balance instead ?

Note : I have enough funds in my paypal in euros to cover the refund 

Login to Me Too
1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE

Solutions approuvées
Solved

jmarc_38
Conseiller estimé
Conseiller estimé

Hello @Amir25 

when an operation can be canceled, you have the canceled choice present on the operation.

Waiting ( pending ) , I think, corresponds to a delay of about 10 days (depending on country)

for it to be done.

The bank account being a **deferred** (CB is an immediate means)  and not immediate means.

**(purchase, payment, refund)

Have a good day .

Voir la solution dans l'post d'origine

Login to Me Too
4 RÉPONSES 4
Solved

jmarc_38
Conseiller estimé
Conseiller estimé

Hello @Amir25 

when an operation can be canceled, you have the canceled choice present on the operation.

Waiting ( pending ) , I think, corresponds to a delay of about 10 days (depending on country)

for it to be done.

The bank account being a **deferred** (CB is an immediate means)  and not immediate means.

**(purchase, payment, refund)

Have a good day .

Login to Me Too

Amir25
Contributeur
Contributeur

Thank you for your reply @jmarc_38

Last question, after the 10 days , since my primary bank account is closed (  I forgot to remove it from paypal settings )  , will paypal use my second bank account instead for the refund e-check ?  or do I have to issue a new e-check refund ?

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Conseiller estimé
Conseiller estimé
you have to be careful about the bank account (s).
delete the non-functional accounts.
if the first bank account refuses payment, normally the second bank account should be used.
but be careful, because payment rejections can lead to a negative paypal account and blocking of the account.
Login to Me Too

Amir25
Contributeur
Contributeur

Yes it was a mistake. I deleted it today as soon as I found out the refund payment went as an e-cheque to the wrong bank account. 

I hope it will not cause any problems. thank you for help

Have a good day 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.