Received PAYPAL weird SMS

fahmyahmed
Membre
Membre

Received the below Wired SMS today from PAYPAL

PayPal : bonjour Your package could not be delivered on time due to unpaid shipping costs , please follow the secure link to pay the shipping costs qatarpacket.com. Voici votre lien unique pour telecharger l'application PayPal.

Login to Me Too
7 RÉPONSES 7

jmarc_38
Conseiller estimé
Conseiller estimé

Hello @fahmyahmed , for me it's Phishing
and therefore with the sms, a fraudulent link.

Login to Me Too

fahmyahmed
Membre
Membre

but it came under PAYPAL account SMS, what should I do in order to avoid such phishing

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Conseiller estimé
Conseiller estimé

@fahmyahmed 

to know /
It's not new, but it still works for scams. Serious consequences for the PayPal user.

SMS and/or email from so-called PayPal. (this can be linked to a sale / purchase on a classified ad site, or social networks), or simply mass phishing (phishing)

- the content is variable, often in the form of a text using an ultimatum (time, sanction such as a restriction of the PayPal account or the closure of the account, or a fraudulent payment from your account or a financial sanction , or money received), often based on a text from PayPal, but modified to scare the recipient of the SMS or email, and therefore force him to use a link in the message.

- The link in the SMS and/or email is fraudulent of course, and will go to a fraudulent page that looks like the PayPal login page.

- from there, this fraudulent page will allow the theft of your PayPal password and email. Then, the second page will ask for your personal and financial information.

CB etc etc. Which will be stolen and used.

So, be careful, and above all, tell yourself that PayPal does not use threats or ultimatums in a message, nor a link in it.

What to do ?

- for the email, transfer it without modification to spoof@paypal.fr and/or spoof@paypal.com

- for SMS, and email, do not use the link in it, but check your PayPal account only from: https://www.paypal.com

- and of course come to the forum to ask the right questions about it before doing anything.

Login to Me Too

Mo-Hamed
Nouveau membre de la communauté
I have just received almost the sms. Find it weird went on my PayPal app and did not find anything. Fortunately I did not use any link.
Login to Me Too

TahaJawadi
Contributeur
Contributeur

PayPal: Your package could not be delivered on time due to unpaid shipping costs , please follow the secure link to pay the shipping costs [removed].

Login to Me Too

PayPal_MariaI
Modérateur
Modérateur

Hello, @TahaJawadi!

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community! 

Please keep in mind that PayPal won't send you text messages with updates about your package. 

Regards. 

María. 

Login to Me Too

Jose358
Contributeur
Contributeur
Bonjour
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.