New USPS rates Jan 2, 2011 - PayPal shipping questions

postalchart_com
Contributor
Contributor

A few questions, most for PayPal, some may be USPS questions. These questions are all regarding "on Jan 2, 2011" but failing that, the follow up question is "when?" (EM = Express Mail, PM = Priority Mail, _MI = ___ Mail International, FRB = Flat Rate Box, FRE = Flat Rate Envelope)

1. Will PayPal support all of the new rates on shipping methods available today (PM, EM, PMI, EMI, FRBs, Regular FREs (except the EMI Regular FRE which has never been working in PayPal))?

2. Will Regular FREs be fixed for EMI?

3. If #3 is no, can a 0.5 lb EMI Package label be used on the Regular FRE (rates are the same)?

4. Will the new Legal (EM/PM/I) and Padded FREs (PM/I) be supported?

5. If #4 is no, can a Regular FRE label be used for them for EM/EMI/PMI (rates are the same)?

6. If #4 is no, can a Regular FRE label plus 20 cent adhesive stamp be used on the Legal or Padded FRE for domestic PM?

7. Will the new RRB's (Regional Rate Boxes) be supported?

8. If #7 is no, can a 2 lb. or 4 lb. Package label be used on the RRB, regardess of RRB's actual weight up to the 15/20 lb. limit (rates are the same)?

9. Will the PMI Small FRB selection be valid on the three containers (Small FRB, O-DVDS, O-1096L) that pay the new rate and are now called Letter Post Flat-Rate Boxes?

10. If #9 is no, will PayPal update the selections and will all three containers be available?

11. Are USPS international shipping labels going to be added to Multi-Order Shipping?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

CarlsbadMike
Contributor
Contributor

I'd really like to know about #7, if PayPal is going to support the new Regional Priority Mail boxes...

Login to Me Too

ppconfuses
Contributor
Contributor

Any word on this last posters question?   I have the same, and I'm sure a million other seller do too.

Login to Me Too

FGShipping
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using USPS regional rate boxes with PayPal for the last month.  There have been no problems with USPS or with the shipments reaching their destinations.  I order the boxes free from USPS.com  For the smaller boxes (Regional Rate Box A), I just print a label for Priority Mail, 2 lbs.  This is the equivalent of regional rate postage.  For the larger boxes (Regional Rate Box B), use a 4 lb. Priority label.  I use the regional rate boxes frequently now.  They are a good deal if the item(s) you're shipping are more than 2 or 4 lbs, respectively and will fit in those boxes.

Login to Me Too

boardgamesforyo
New Community Member

Hey Great Idea to just use the regular labels with 2 and 4 pounds. Just got my shipment of boxes today, and was going to probably sign up for stamps.com, but really wanted to keep using paypal shipping so will try this as well. As far as the person wondering about multiorder shipping, you can do this same thing with that, that is what i plan to do.

Thanks

Chane

Login to Me Too

ppconfuses
Contributor
Contributor

But when will Paypal multi-order shipping support this regional shipping method???

Login to Me Too

Ron_L
New Community Member

Any update to #4 or #6 in the original post?  So far i have been using the USPS site for the padded FREs and that's a pain.

Login to Me Too

FGShipping
Contributor
Contributor

The price for padded flat rate envelopes is the same as the old cardboard ones.  You can just use the regular flate rate envelope option in PayPal.  I've been doing this for the past month and a half with no problems.

Login to Me Too

jeff7602
Contributor
Contributor

The padded flat rate envelopes are $.15 more than the card board ones. When is paypal going to add those?  I've been mailing them out using the regular flat rate labels for a while and so far it's been working, but I'm sure eventually the USPS will notice and my packages will not get delivered.  I don't see why it takes so long to make the necessary updates!!! 

Login to Me Too

FGShipping
Contributor
Contributor

That’s very interesting.  According to the postage calculator on the USPS website, there’s no discount for paying online for the padded envelope.  I wonder why, since there is an online discount for all other priority options.  The price is listed at $4.95 for both online and in the post office whereas for the cardboard envelope it’s $4.75 online, a difference of $0.20.

I think I’ll continue to use the regular flat rate envelope label as long as there are no delivery problems.  If they start being marked “postage due”, I think the easiest solution would be to just stick a George Washington $0.20 stamp on the package with the label.  This assumes PayPal doesn’t add the padded envelope option soon, which, given PayPal’s record, seems to be a valid assumption. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.