Java update and I can't print International label just domestic

juliep
Contributor
Contributor

I did a Java update and now I can't print International shipping label.  Domestic work fine.  The screen is solid black were it usually shows the International label.  Java verified I am up to date for my system which is Vista and I run Firefox.  Help!!!

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

juliep
Contributor
Contributor

I am able to print the international labels thru click-n-ship just fine but not thru paypal.

Login to Me Too

auntpobby
Contributor
Contributor

I can't print the international labels either. I tried it with three different browsers and could not do it. Can anybody help us with this problem? 

Login to Me Too

auntpobby
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly what happens to me I get a solid black rectangle instead of a label. I already had to void one label and I guess I'll have to void the second as it is not printing either. Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

There's a thread on the "watercooler " board about this.

The Java update is the problem - remove it and the system works again.

Login to Me Too

ginajo
Contributor
Contributor

I've removed and reinstalled Java.  My computer says it is installed and ready.  Still can't print??  Only a black screen.  I've had to void 2 labels.  This is so frustrating.  Can't anyone fix this?

Login to Me Too

sam_n
Contributor
Contributor

I heard ....International labels printed from ebay labels flow will not use JAVA applet from next week.

Will keep you posted as soon as I see it working in pdf.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@ginajo wrote:

I've removed and reinstalled Java.  My computer says it is installed and ready.  Still can't print??  Only a black screen.  I've had to void 2 labels.  This is so frustrating.  Can't anyone fix this?

You have to remove the last update from Java.

Login to Me Too

smallbusiness47
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. I try to print an international express mail label, the Pitney Bowes window pops up, I have to wait for a minute and the label does not generate. Only a balck screen where the label should be and I am unable to proceed further. I click on the print label button and nothing happens.

What I've heard is that USPS has recently switched to Adobe as their label software and at the same time there is some sort of conflict between the new Java update and the Adobe software. So that would explain why the USPS service still works. I'll keep on trying to figure this out but at the moment it's till not working.

Either it's definitely and issue that PayPal should be able to sort through and is being slow to do so.

Also, I have 3 different machines and they all have the same issue. This is also not the first time I'm printing this type of label and I know it's worked before for me before.

Also, PayPal will argue this is an End-User issue, I disagree.

Login to Me Too

smallbusiness47
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone it's me again. I found a possible solution, hopefully this helps you guys out (cause apparently the paypal people can't).

So apparently a recent update for Java is what could be causing the problem, exactly which update that is I am not sure.

So I went to the Java webpages (Oracle)

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/archive-139210.html

and downloaded an older version of Java, specifically update #17 (JRE 6u17😞

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u17/index.html

My machine is running Windows Vista, I use Firefox, after uninstalling Java and re-installing Java Update 17 I restarted, re-signed in to PayPal, went to the label transaction page clicked "reprint label" then after a 10+ minute wait (no joke) of of looking at the Java logo, the label finally! generated and I was able to print.

My experience is that this long wait for the postage to actually generate is annoying but normal. I remember generating a label on an older PC and it actually took 30min until it finally came up and was printable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.