"Webpage Not Available" - can't print label - Google Chrome

aja
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to print a shipping label and get this -

The webpage at *label address here* might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

This happened last week to me too but ended up correcting after like an hour. Problem today is, I don't have an hour to wait for this to self-correct....I have USPS coming to pick up my packages shortly....

EDIT - Went to internet explorer and it works through there. Are there known issues with Google Chrome? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Glad I am able to answer this for you.  You made the correct observation.  Currently, Google Chrome is not fully compatible with all parts of PayPal.  To limit the concerns with shipping, you would have an easier time using another browser such as IE like you used.

Login to Me Too

babykj5
New Community Member

Thank you for the answer. I tried to print 3 labels and had to void all 3 because I was trying to use paypal with google chrome. Now I had to void the labels and wait for a refund - does anyone know how long that takes?!?!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Takes a couple of weeks - if you don't see the refund after 3 weeks, phone Paypal and nag them about it.

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

When is this issue going to be resolved????

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

OK, NO RESPONSE

WHEN IS PAY PAL GOING TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITH GOOGLE?  CHROME IS GOING TO SURPASS IE AND FIREFOX AS A BROWSER SO THEY NEED TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM.  IT CAN'T BE TOTALLY BLAMED ON GOOGLE  Smiley Mad

AN ANSWER WOULD BE NICE BUT A SOLUTION WOULD BE NICER.

Login to Me Too

jjjjjjjjj11111
New Community Member

I don't think its Paypal, basic troubleshooting my friend.

IE works with paypal, FF works with paypal, most other browsers work with Paypal so it cannot be paypal.

Chrome is on version 10 and it still does not work even with pop up exceptions.

I think that paypal tech guys and  google tech guys and have a powwow , this way they can get some extra biz that's otherwise lost becasue paypal and chrome is not working properly.

just my $0.02

rant: and while you are at it - someone please make a working linux driver for Zebra 2844, one that will load all by itself. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Jacurtis
New Community Member

Yeah, I am having the same problem, I guess it is Google Chrome. I can use another browser now that I see that is the problem but Google Chrome is my default browser (and I like it that way) so it is annoying.

Login to Me Too

inpaperclouds
Contributor
Contributor

are they going to fix this anytime soon? (assuming the problem is paypal and not chrome)

I hate using IE to print my labels.

Login to Me Too

Griz
New Community Member

I called on this. I had to void my label because of this issue. They say it's the postal service. I say it's both. PayPal need to get on the ball now or be left in the dust. Google will surpass IE and FF.  I have been on computers since 1965 when we used punch cards. When the PC came in to being I never used IE. In the past few years I have been using FF but it crashes WAY to often leaving me losing information. Google this far has been very stable. Come on PayPal lets fix this. Next stop, the USPS. That will probably take 10 years or more. Our Federal government buracracy at it's best. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.