delete old email addresses

swede560
Contributor
Contributor

I want to delete old addresses which I don't send money to any more and I have entered wrong addresses which I need to delete...how do you delete these addresses.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

You can remove old addresses by logging in and going to Profile > Update beside Address > then clicking "Remove" next to the address you want to remove.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

You can remove old addresses by logging in and going to Profile > Update beside Address > then clicking "Remove" next to the address you want to remove.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

swede560
Contributor
Contributor

Adrian, thanks, I will go and try right now...

Login to Me Too

FSC
Contributor
Contributor

Your answer appears incomplete and doesn't work for me ... when I go to Profile my next choice is My Personal Info and the tabs below (this is using the new profile page). This would allow me to edit MY OWN email.

But the question was how to remove email addresses that automatically populate the field when in the SEND MONEY page on Paypal - ie other peoples' emails you don't use and don't want to accidentally use. I've tried to years to figure this out and on previous phone calls to Paypal have been told I can't delete.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

FSC,

I'm sorry if I misunderstood!  The information you received previously is correct - email addresses in that drop down can't be deleted.  I'll be happy to forward that feedback along.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

FSC
Contributor
Contributor

Ok Thanks for reply. I would very much appreciate you're helping to get Paypal to change this feature ... I have a couple dozen email addresses there and only need 2-3 of them. It's a bit annoying and I think would be very annoying for people with many more emails....

Login to Me Too

mustardseed
New Community Member

Please change the drop down section of old emails so they can be deleted or edited.  One of mine listed is an incorrect address and I always forget about it so I have to end up canceling the payment and starting over.

Login to Me Too

bikegurl
New Community Member

I agree, this is very frustrating to not be able to delete a receipiant's email that you only used once.  Paypal really needs to try and imrove this feature.

Login to Me Too

marieclaire
New Community Member

tried this many times i just won't work.

im changing e-mail providers i need to change this e-mail that is set as primary. and even i can't even remove it

cant put a e-mail to reach me

thank you

Login to Me Too

momoftwingirls
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I would really like to delete all the old emails I do not use anymore. It is confusing to have to go through the whole list just to find one you need.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.