Will Paypal Ever fix the Multi-Order Shipping - Print Packing slip?

DryFur
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting overwelmed with printing all the packing slips one by one. There has got to be a better solution. The multi Order one only prints a blank packing slip with Description of product and item no. and Quantity listed as N/A how is this a packing slip and if we do not know the items purchased how do we know what to put in the shipping details to figure out the weight and dimensions ect....

Anybody know an easier way Printing one at a time is taking me way too long since you have to go to transaction detail then hit print packing slip then wait for that screen then go back and start all over on the next one I have so many it is getting difficult to remember where I am......

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

DryFur
Contributor
Contributor

I did some more poking around and it looks like the Paypal Developer forum is aware of the issue and they said " does not to apprear to be a problem for most users" I think this is totally false and just because they do not hear from us on the issue they think it does not exist.

One of the developers did create a software app that does pull the orders in and gives you options for printing them all at once and a few other bells and whistles but it costs $40.00 and not sure if it will be updated etc... or what type of support he offers if it stops working when Paypal updates or changes in the programming. If you want to read go to the Other Paypal Forum and search for Print Mulitiple Packing Slips.

Login to Me Too

goatlady
Contributor
Contributor

Last year, MOS stopped importing about 60% of my package data. I called customer service and was told they would send a ticket to engineering and to manually enter data. I have been doing that FOR OVER A YEAR, and now it won't import ANY order data. 

I called customer service and was told the same thing as last year--they would put a ticket into engineering and I should just enter data manually. WHAT???? why on earth would I want to do that and why can't I get customer service on this problem after a year? 

The rep, who sounded young and unprofessional and uninterested, told me problems were handled on a fist-come basis So can someone please tell me why my problem from last year has never been resolved?

I use MOS because of the ease of printing and for the scan sheet, which is invaluable to my business. Is there any other tool out there that will import ebay orders and provide easy printing and scan sheets?

Login to Me Too

58chevy348
Contributor
Contributor

I'd love to know the answer to this as well.....this takes at least 5 times longer to print one label at a time.  I am a relatively small seller and ship about 25 to 50 packages a week.....I can't imagine having to ship several hundred when you have to print one label at a time!  MOS is not a "fringe benefit" of paypal, it's a necessity and should be of the highest priority for them to correct the problem.

Login to Me Too

brettunsvillage
Contributor
Contributor

Nice post from PayPal, but I don't agree with much of it at all.  Your packing slips in multi-order shipping are useless.  How can this be a time saver?  They print out blank!

Login to Me Too

brewhardware
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I've talked to paypal support twice on this issue and the last one finally admitted that because the shipping aspect of the site is handled by a 3rd party, they really can't help at all.

The reason packing slips won't work is that MOS can't pull in shopping cart data for some stupid reason. In fact, I would be THRILLED if MOS could simply even DISPLAY the cart contents while in the MOS screen. Do you know why I'd like that? SO I CAN FREAKING SET THE SHIPPING WEIGHT PROPERLY!!!

Totally useless. I'm back to opening each transaction one at a time, selecting Priority mail, filling in the exact same box dimensions hundreds and hundreds of times.....

Paypal is only interested in supporting a million users who pay a few dollars in fees each year. They don't want the big fish at all.

Login to Me Too

SLW
Contributor
Contributor

I am a small seller on a site other than eBay, only shipping maybe half a dozen packages a week, two or three at a time, and even I agree that this is a BIG TIME-CONSUMING PROBLEM!! It is the sellers that pay the fees to PayPal, not the buyers, so the sellers deserve better support. If it's not easy or possible to change MOS, at least implement DryFur's excellent suggestion that in PayPal's overview it is possible to checkmark all orders for which a packing list is desired, and then hit a "PRINT PACKING LISTS FOR ALL CHECKED ORDERS" button.  Model it after the Watch List programming in eBay, where you checkmark every item you want and then click one of several different action buttons depending on whether you want to delete it or add a note... whatever.

PayPal, you have more money than God; spend some of it on programming updates to help the sellers who pay you save valuable time. The less time I have to spend printing packing lists, the more time I can spend taking pictures of items to sell, so I can sell more and make you MORE money in fees!

MOS is a necessity because of the SCAN form. If printing accurate packing lists needs to be done separately, at least make it an EASY additional step.

Login to Me Too

brewhardware
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Here's the thing. When sellers finally hit a volume where opening each transaction detail page becomes cumbersome and they think to check out MOS to save time, it takes them FOREVER to figure out that it's not going to work. They think they are doing something wrong and call tech support. Tech support is completely clueless and tells the caller that they must be mistaken or doing something wrong. IN FACT, MOS is meant for EBAY TRANSACTION ONLY. Why the heck doesn't something pop up when you click MOS that says "please note that MOS is designed and only capable of processing Ebay transactions at this time"? Oh, because it's a common courtesy to your users and you don't really give a crap about people wasting time and chasing answers that tech support doesn't have. If you are NOT going to enhance MOS to work for non Ebay transactions, at least admit it and notify people when they try to use it. How about also training your techs about this fact so they don't waste hours of time. Spend that money fixing the software.

Login to Me Too

NimbleNano
Contributor
Contributor

I just feel depressed.  First paypal is such a PIA they dont support thermal printers for Mac, then I go out and get parallels running on my mac to be able to use multi order shipping and after hours of playing around and calling helpless agents on the phone I realize it will never work.  This is so maddening, I hope suqareup enters the online payment market, I would switch in a second.  

Also agree with above post, below, 100%

"

The reason packing slips won't work is that MOS can't pull in shopping cart data for some stupid reason. In fact, I would be THRILLED if MOS could simply even DISPLAY the cart contents while in the MOS screen. Do you know why I'd like that? SO I CAN FREAKING SET THE SHIPPING WEIGHT PROPERLY!!!

Totally useless. I'm back to opening each transaction one at a time, selecting Priority mail, filling in the exact same box dimensions hundreds and hundreds of times.....

"

Login to Me Too

FatherGeorge
New Community Member

Will Paypal Ever fix the Multi-Order Shipping - Print Packing slip? I highly doubt it!

I have been on the phone with their support a couple times and they have no answers. THE ABILITY TO PRINT MULTIPLE PACKING SLIPS IN ONE STEP WOULD BE A HUGE TIME SAVER. Please provide a solution Paypal!

Login to Me Too

brettunsvillage
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem as everyone else, same experience with a complete lack of assistance from PayPal.  Should be able to go into Multi-Order Shipping, choose 'Print packing slips' and get the exact same packing slips that we get when we go through, line by line, transaction by transaction, and print them out one at a time.  For the love of all that's good, holy, and entrepreneurial in this life, please fix this problem, dearest PayPal.  How can PayPal continue to back the position that 'a packing slip that's completely blank is a perfectly good packing slip?'

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.