Unable to print shipping label on MAC

cselfsullivan
New Community Member

I've tried printing a shipping label on my MacBook Pro in 3 different browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) and each time nothing happens.  I do not have any pop-up blockers turned on.  I've been using this service for years and periodically have this problem.  I cannot seem to determine when it works and when it doesn't!  Any ideas?  Meanwhile, I'm trying to use my old PC with IE, but it's being stubborn and won't go to the details page so I can reprint...arrrgh.  If all else fails, I guess I'll cancel the label and go directly to the USPS website, which generally works well from my MAC.  It's just frustrating that this service, which is supposed to save me time, is steeling an hour, today ;-(

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

artgal
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem on my PC .Can't print any PayPal shipping labels. I think the server is having a problem cause I get a message to try again later. I've  been trying to get more info on the status of this issue so I can get my customer's orders out before mail pick up. It's a challenge 😞

Good luck to you.

Login to Me Too

mdtyler
Contributor
Contributor

I can't either on my mac running Lion.  I can then log into my paypal account on a PC and print it just fine.  But it always hangs on the mac and never finishes, never spits out more than about 1" of the label.  This is very frustrating, and a huge hassle to have to get on the PC to do it.  Any solutions??  I mean, other than using a PC.

Login to Me Too

raulduke23
Contributor
Contributor

Someone previously posted the label solution but here it is. It works for me I am running the new OSX 10.7

PDF on Mac is a problem. Here is how I fixed and labels printing is smooth.

Install the below plug-in and reprint the  label.

http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/

It's free for Home use and educational use. 

Disclaimer: I have no association with above plug-in creator. Just trying to help my PayPal friends 

Please let us know if it works.

Login to Me Too

mdtyler
Contributor
Contributor

No... Still didn't work...  Neither e-Bay nor PayPal open up labels as pdf's for me, even after installing this plug-in.  I even tried saving the label as a pdf, and printing it, but it still opened with "preview."  I still had to print it from my PC, after having to void yet another label trying to print it on the mac...

Login to Me Too

yancunu
New Community Member

I was trying to print my label I am using Lion and I have a HP 3051A printer, Adobe just doesnt work and I have downloaded the plugin in your link and it does work for me!!! thank you.. 🙂 made my day!

Login to Me Too

mdtyler
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I just tried installing it again (after reading the poster before me had success on Lion), and I did indeed get it to open a pdf file and print it.  I haven't tried printing another label yet, but did get it to print a different pdf file so am hopeful.  The last time I tried installing it, I dont' think I could even get it to start.  Perhaps I didn't have "enable plugins" checked...

Login to Me Too

mdtyler
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I did get one label to print, but had to save it as a pdf, then open it in safari to use the plugin.  But it worked.  Slowly.  The next two labels I tried did not work though, even using the same process  as the first one that worked.  It got hung up and never finished.  Had to go back to the PC to print...  Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

ats440
New Community Member

Hi all,

I have had the same problem with my Mac- unable to print labels directly from the Paypal site.

Finally found out that Paypal shipping does not support MAC Snow Leopard or Lion.

It took some digging, but I believe PayPal considers the MacOS to be prone to security issues.

I use my old PC Laptop to print shipping labels with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

scottledanse
New Community Member

This worked for me...

1. When the Print window appears and it doesn't print but you get a window "Save To"

2. Save file

3. Locate file in the Finder

4. Change the file name to something ending with .pdf

5. Open the PDF file and you'll be able to print from there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.