USPS shipping discount

amy8899
Contributor
Contributor

I printed some shipping labels today and noticed that the price went down instead of up. Does any one know the reason? Does Paypal got a better deal? or because I have shipped more items?  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

nateh
New Community Member

Same here, I am worried the people I am sending things to will have to pay when the packages arrive.

Login to Me Too

motherchar
New Community Member

I noticed that too, so I didn't print the labels. The new rates when in affect on 1-22-12 and I've had the post office send stuff back if it wasn't the proper postage 😞

Login to Me Too

leung1120
Contributor
Contributor

I remember seeing notice saying USPS First Class will include tracking for free.  Is that 19 cents cheaper?

Login to Me Too

westernelectric
Contributor
Contributor

I printed some First Class shipping labels after the rate increase, and the rates are for "Commercial Base" pricing, which is lower than the retail pricing. I am still being charged $0.19 for Delivery Confirmation, which I though was now free with First Class labels purchased online? The rates I was charged are under the "Mixed ADC" column in this spreadsheet from USPS.

https://www.usps.com/shipping/fc-pkg-svcs.xls

Login to Me Too

sohippie
Contributor
Contributor

The rates ARE WRONG.  To get the Commercial rate you just have a bulk rate license for each person, Paypal cant offer a bulk rate because the funds come from each person's own account.  This is a major glitch with Paypal and they dont seem to be able to do (or want to do) anything about it.  I made 4 phone calls yesterday and finally got a CSA that was at least willing to listen to the problem even though she couldnt do anything about it.  She did read back to me what she was sending on to her supervisor as the problem and suggested solution.

Paypal has downloaded the WRONG file from Pitney Bowes.  I am not sending any FC packages via Paypal until they have the problem fixed.  I am opting to pay the additional .66 for a manual DC rather than have all my packages come back or have my customers have to pay the shortage when the pkg is delivered.

The rates for priority are correct, at least for small flat rate boxes but they have the FC all **bleep**ed up.

Sending emails to PP wont do anything.  You need to call and complain and make sure they send the problem on to the supervisor.  I plan on calling again today and asking for a supervisor at the beginning.

This isnt the first time PP has had incorrect rates on shipping.  When USPS first offered a difference in price between PFR envelopes and PFR small box it took them months to get it right.  They still dont have regional A or B boxes available, you have to go the USPS Click-N-Ship to print those.

Login to Me Too

sohippie
Contributor
Contributor

just for clarification, the edited bleep was not anything with the letter f, it was a reference to a hardware fastener, lol

Login to Me Too

louisefelice
Contributor
Contributor

so to ship or not to ship???

if paypal are issuing these rates they have to honor them!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.