USPS First Class Internation Mail to Canada

Kelda
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item to buyer in Cananda. I couldn't see charging her $20 + dollars for Priority Mail when I could ship FC Parcel for $4 sometihng. When I go to print the label, First Class isn't an option. If that's the case, I can't see the benefit in selling to our neighbors in Canada. I'll either be stuck filling out customs forms by hand or they'll be stuck with exorbatent shipping charges.

What gives?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

debw
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Olivia!

1. Is it coming to PayPal?

2. I keep reading that it can be done directly through USPS but I have not found it so far. If anybody wants to point me in the right direction, I'd be so happy. Only choices available as I fill out form are Global Express, Express Mail and Priority Mail...all International, of course.

Login to Me Too

debw
Contributor
Contributor

I just called USPS. Was told...

You cannot print FC Mail Domestic or International labels online via USPS website

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi debw,

1. I don't have an answer for that. New products and services are usually kept under wraps until they're released. I usually get to know right around when you do.

2. I'm sorry, I wasn't clear - I meant directly from the post office at your local branch.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

threadsinthebed
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I was replying to Olivia's comments, but it upsets me that the choices for Canada are so expensive, and yet when I go to the Post Office Window it is about the same price as US First Class Mail.    Why can't paypal have the First Class Option for Canada.  What law says it must be USA (including Alaska) only.  Sally

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi threadsinthebed,

I understand what you mean about getting passed back and forth from the USPS to PayPal and back again. You won't get that from me. 🙂 It's not a matter of blame. The USPS sets the rates. PayPal shipping offers some, but not all, of the USPS' shipping services.

I wish we had the perfect solution for you now. Currently, the shipping option you're requesting is not available through PayPal shipping. We're always adding new features and services, but that isn't something we have available at the moment. If there is a shipping service you'd prefer to use that is not available through PayPal Shipping, buying postage directly from the USPS (or any other shipping company) remains an option. If you do buy your postage outside of PayPal, you can still enter your tracking numbers in the transaction details manually.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

basque48
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia -

I certainly would hope that you are passing on how very unhappy this makes us all. Come on now if Ebay lets you print first class why not paypal. Its been some time now - Paypal needs to get on this issue. It makes me furious. Customers now expect this service - it is not longer just a maybe the seller does it thing. I sell many places and I need this be part of what paypal offers!!

Also in terms of scans what a pile that excuse is now. Have you not noted that anything at ALL sent International is not being scanned? For over a month now the Post Office dropped this service, so how is it paypal can say this is the reason we are not allowing you to print these labels?? The only scan that occurs is when your items are picked up & arrive at your post office & that is it for International. My calls to USPS have confirmed they are all down with scans from then on. So its a weak excuse your using. I called Ebay and they know about this as well. HUGE issue for them as they go live with the US sites into more International sites.

It costs me time and money to run to the Post Office every time I have a sale on my own site, on Etsy etc.. and if Ebay who owns paypal can do this you sure as heck can too. What will it take?? Should we all send our Customers over to call you on the phone? Form a strike? I mean really sending me to these forums for "other options" was the most pathetic answer to my question I have gotten ever from paypal - there are NO OPTIONS but doing what I have done, which is to use my 4.20 a gallon gas and drive to the dang post office as always. Wrong of you!

Login to Me Too

Suspended
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand why Ebay and PayPal don't offer identical shipping options?

First Class International should be allowed to Canada via PayPal no matter what the nature or venue of the transaction is.

When I receive a direct purchase via PayPal from my site... I simply refund the money now.  It's too cumbersome to do otherwise.

Two entities under the same ownership operating differently...    Amazon offers First Class International and it's smooth as silk doing transactions through them.

moderately frustrated by the lack of convenience.. I think it is probably true that the almighty dollar is running the machine, not customer service.

Login to Me Too

pistachio
Contributor
Contributor

Cmon PayPal, start processing USPS First Class Mail International to Canada! We are tired of standing in line at the Post Office, and filling out forms! If it can be done on Ebay, it can be done on PayPal. Are you purposely not offering to keep our international selling at Ebay. Probably, as soon Ebay will charge final value fees on shipping also (wow,what next), which will encourage many, as we did to move some stuff to Ecrater or elsewhere, but we hate not being able to process Canada online. Cmon Paypal, us sellers been good for along time, we deserve it. You are making us look elsewhere for merchant/payment services.  Anyone else feel this way? Please post and let paypal know how you feel! And PayPal, please do not use the excuse that the Canadian Postal workers are on strike, i am sure that they will be back at work soon, so get this implemented , so we can be ready to ship when they do!

Pistachio

Login to Me Too

basque48
Contributor
Contributor

I suggest that every single time you have to call in to PayPal ask them to make a report to the higher ups. This bothers the workers and they must do it. I am sick to death of waiting on this as well. I have asked and asked and am fed up. We all know it CAN be done, so where is it. But the more it is filed on paper, the faster it will happen.

Moderator kick this issue upstairs where it belongs. I sell on Etsy too but its a small amount compared to Ebay but its a slow burn to the post office every single time for 2.00 item and I blame PAYPAL every single TIME.

FIX THIS we have waited long enough. In the meantime expect us to complain every single time we call in and demand a report be filed until your SICK OF US.

Login to Me Too

mabloodhound
Contributor
Contributor

www.stamps.com DOES allow first class mail international.   but you have to pay their monthly fee.   if you do a lot of shipping it may be worthwhile and save a trip to the PO.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.