USPS First Class Internation Mail to Canada

Kelda
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item to buyer in Cananda. I couldn't see charging her $20 + dollars for Priority Mail when I could ship FC Parcel for $4 sometihng. When I go to print the label, First Class isn't an option. If that's the case, I can't see the benefit in selling to our neighbors in Canada. I'll either be stuck filling out customs forms by hand or they'll be stuck with exorbatent shipping charges.

What gives?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Kelda,

First Class is only available for domestic shipping through PayPal Shipping, as there are no delivery confirmation options available with First Class International. You are still able to purchase that service directly from USPS, however.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Jdazell
Contributor
Contributor

That's bull.  If USPS First Class International Mail to Canada and others is not a valid shipping option then EBay should pop up a disclaimer when the seller selects that method as an option. Instead of allowing the seller to advertise an inexpensive method of shipping and then when it is time to consummate the sale EBay and PayPal don't even have the common courtesy to explain their crappy decision.  Personally, If I as a seller choose to ship without any destination tracking, then it should be my choice!

Tell me up front ... Don't be a poor communicator EBay and PayPal.

Just my two cents

Login to Me Too

massive
Contributor
Contributor

Jdzaell is right. I'm starting to think this is about money, not tracking as PayPal claims. USPS lost $8.5 Billion in 2010. Priority and Express mail are supposedly more profitable services than First Class, so perhaps USPS has requested that PayPal not offer First Class Intl. I just posted proof in another thread that, at least as of last year, First Class Intl and Priority Mail Intl "tracking" are identical.

Olivia: No offense to you, but PayPal needs to be honest with us. What is going on here? It's not about tracking!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Jdazell and massive,

Welcome to the forums!

Those options are all valid shipping options. PayPal does not prevent you from using any shipping option to get your item to your buyer, whether it be USPS, UPS, FedEx, another courier, hand delivery, electronic delivery, or whatever means are appropriate for delivering the item. PayPal does not have the full selection of shipping options available through PayPal shipping, but a seller has the ability to make arrangements to use other shipping options than those available through PayPal. A seller may even choose not to purchase tracking at all, but it can be entered manually in the transaction details if you have it and you got it outside of PayPal shipping.

Keep in mind that a seller may opt to use any delivery method he or she chooses, but Seller Protection will only apply to eligible transactions that have online tracking showing delivery, and with signature confirmation for transactions over certain thresholds outlined in the Protection for Sellers section of the User Agreement. Seller Protection keeps you from losing the money in the event of a dispute of Non-receipt or Unauthorized use.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

threadsinthebed
Contributor
Contributor

Boy is this the topic I am most upset about.  I have a buyer in Canada who purchases 1, 2 or 3 balls of yarn for the low prices in my etsy store, and when I try to do a shipping label I have a $30 option or a $25. option.  Why would someone pay half price for a few balls of yarn and then want to pay that much for shipping.  Ridiculous.  I want to use paypal for my shipping, I do not want to visit the USPS site as they are almost as bad, and I hate standing in line at the PO for a package to Canada, but if it is going to Alaska, it is considered the US and no problem.  So frustrating.  Paypal blames the PO and the PO says it is paypal.  So who do we contact?

Login to Me Too

sam_n
Contributor
Contributor

USPS First class International mail is now available from eBay shipping label flow along with other new services.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Yep, that was just very recently added!

Keep in mind that First Class International will not provide online tracking, which is a requirement of Seller Protection.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

debw
Contributor
Contributor

What if it was a sale outside of eBay

Can a First Class Mail Int'l Label for Canada now be printed from PayPal? The option is not there on the package I need to ship but I'm wondering if there might be something I need to change somewhere...to enable new feature ~ if it's actually been added to PayPal also?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi debw, and welcome to the forums!

It's not on PayPal shipping, but has recently been added to eBay shipping. A label for First Class International would not be able to be printed through PayPal for a non-eBay sale. 😞 You can still get that service directly from the post office.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.