UPS Acct Number Only with Paypal Balance

leongirl
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it that UPS requires that the shipping cost be taken out of my paypal balance, when USPS takes it out directly out of your bank account.  I guess it wouldn't be such a big problem if  it didn't take 3-5 business days to process whenever I try to transfer money from my bank acct to Paypal (especially when I need the package to go out immediately).  Heavy packages are MUCH more cheaper going UPS than regular mail.   And I don't want to buy the MoneyPack card  that you can load with cash and immediately use it towards your Paypal balance because it charges $4.95 every time you want to load the card!  We use our Paypal account alot and money comes in and goes out all the time.  So to leave a paypal balance in there long enough to cover future UPS shippings is impossible because everytime we try to pay for something, guess what's taken out first before they go into your debit card/bank/etc......your paypal balance. 

I called UPS to see if I can use my UPS acct number on an airbill at a UPS Store and they said no, just through Paypal.  But yet, somebody was allowed to fraudently use my acct number on an airbill when I got a UPS bill last month.  If I can't use my account number on an airbill, I would hope that they wouldn't  let a thief use it either and at least catch it before I receive the bill!!  So its like I lose either way.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.