Two Issues: Printing International labels & Filling Customs Form

commercequeen
New Community Member

Earlier in 2010, I had no online printing issues with International Labels, nor with filling the online Customs Form. 

At that time, both worked flawlessly.  In the months that followed,however, they both became an issue.

The issue stems from a software glitch or an issue with corruption with international payments, or so I'm told.

Having read comments from equally fustrated users, I have nothing to contribute except my own fustration.

I'm left going, as others are, to the branch directly to fill hardcopies of the customs form.

And yes that wastes time, and resources - both of which we're not being reimbursed for.

Case in point, when our subways have a transiot problem, they shuttle buses available on the surface,

It would be VERY accommodating for PayPal / Ebay / USPS to avail us the same courtesy in kind.

When online services have an issue, to credit us with an online voucher-of-sorts, perhaps discounting our fees.

I'd like others to reply and contribute to this suggestion, that such may be considered by the powers-that-be.

I welcome all to comments, from User to Management, from all three - PayPal / Ebay / USPS.  thanks!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

auralynne
New Community Member

AGREED!  Well I don't really want reimbursement but the problem needs to be fixed ASAP.  For me it seems every label takes three or four tries for it to print, and each try costs me money until the void label request goes thru.  Right now I have almost $100 tied up in voided shipping labels from this glitch.  It seems like it's costing Paypal/USPS a lot of man hours to process all these voided shipments too!

Login to Me Too

PattyP
Contributor
Contributor

I posted yesterday about my inability to print an international USPS priority mail label.

The unacceptable aspect of this tech problem is that there is no system announcement on what is clearly a PayPal/USPS program problem. eBay touts its partnerships with third party shippers but they don't deliver a consistent "Seller International Label Shipping Experience"- hah. Sellers are evaluated on consistent, reliable, and fast service to insure delivery of goods paid for by Buyers.

Wish PayPal felt that way about Sellers who purchase a product- the international label- and then can't get the product after it has been paid for.

BTW, label reprint efforts are limited, so my sympathy to anyone who gets in the "troubleshoot, reprint, repeat same efforts" loop. I was troubleshooting this for way too long and, of course, I ended up on the USPS site and printed international labels, no problem. 

If  the responsible site would share information on system breakdown(s) Sellers could avoid the very large headaches associated with PayPal's nonperformance.  It is just crazy that PayPal allows payment for USPS international labels when they know there is an inconsistent- or even high probability- that they cannot deliver a printable label.

I share your frustration, only my view is that is a not a mere "glitch" but a serious business obstacle. It's interesting that the "glitch" occurs after payment has been made to USPS on PayPal- normally this would amuse me but just call me businesslike.

Where are PayPal's administrators?  There is a business and productivity issue.

Login to Me Too

runningsofast
Contributor
Contributor

It's only international labels that won't print, all US labels print fine.  Most of my shipments are overseas and I haven't been able to print from paypal in over 2 weeks.  It's a big PAIN!  something that should take minutes to complete now takes 3 x's as long, and absolutely no help what so ever!!!!!

Login to Me Too

pasomers11
Contributor
Contributor

I just received an International Priority Mail package going to the UK, the Post Office removed 3 of the 4 labels that were created, and they said that there was no indication that I paid for the shipping.  The local Post office was absolutely no help and their 1-800 customer service office was no help.  Paypal and Ebay were of no help either.  I don't know how to request a refund from Paypal for this transaction, and I still have to get this package to my buyer.  I am totally frustrated.  Anybody have any suggestions??  Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

lawandal
New Community Member

Adding my "Ditto" to all that has been previously said. This is a very frustrating issue and I am totally baffled by how a business such as Paypal/Ebay can allow this to continue. I sell to a lot of overseas buyers and am considering limiting my sales to US as I am continually having to drive across town to our post office and fill out hard copy customs forms. Come on management!!!  Get it together!!! FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!

Login to Me Too

pasomers11
Contributor
Contributor

I spent over 3 hours between the USPS, eBay and Paypal trying to find out who was going to refund me $31 of international shipping costs, after all that and another followup call today, I find out the refund won't be on my account for another 14 days.  I agree that selling international is cumbersome, and totally unreliable using the eBay/Paypal customs forms and postage options.  This will definitely limit my sales and there is no way to get around the pitfalls. Thanks for sharing. 

Login to Me Too

Jill1970
Contributor
Contributor

rocks
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyoe.  I have been dealing with this nightmarish promblem since december of last year.  before the java update, no problems.  I spent hours of my time trying to trouble shoot the problem, thinking it was on my end and tied up  $280.00 in shipping fees that took weeks to be refunded.  FIX TO PROBLEM OF GOING TO THE POST OFFICE:  I opened a USPS online account and use that to print internationally and order boxes, stamps, etc.  You can set it up for the paymenys to come right out of paypal or any other bank account.  Brilliant!  Let your fingers do the walking!   I hope this helps anyone having the same problem I have had.  When I called ebay about this problem they told me that international shipping labels were not available thru paypal shipping!  ??????

Login to Me Too

postalchart_com
Contributor
Contributor

International shipping labels have always worked fine for me. The last one I printed on PayPal was 5/26.

If there is a problem with PayPal international shipping labels, it doesn't affect everyone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.