Reply to topic
xcergy
xcergy Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 6

The _ship-now page

Recently PayPal revised the shipping pages, including this one:  webscr?cmd=_ship-now  It is the blank shipping label page we can use for non-paypal shipping.

It's a great page and I use it all the time for websales.

The new page now shows the zip code field in fornt of the city and state fields.  This is NOT normal US format of

F Name

L Name

Addr !

Addr 2

City

State

Zip.

Now it is

F Name

L Name

Addr1

Addr2

ZIP

City

State.

Is there a reason for this change?  You realize, of course, that this disrupts the flow when the user is copy/pasting info from a database to the PayPal page.

Not what I would call an improvement.  What are the cances of getting this revised to the old format, and how long will the revision take?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

aka

xcergy

0 Kudos
PayPal_Jason
PayPal_Jason PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Kudos: 20

Re: The _ship-now page

Hi xcergy-

Welcome to the PayPal Boards!  I've submitted your question to our shipping team and am waiting for a response.  When I hear back, we'll either have one of us on the Community Team respond or see if there's a subject matter expert that would like to join us here.

Thanks,

PayPal_Jason

0 Kudos
xcergy
xcergy Contributor
Contributor

Update:

I had to edit an eBay shipping address last night.  when I hit the edit link, the same page showed with the zip code in front of city/state.

Clue:

Look at the example of name used in F Name and example used in L Name.  Could it be the person who coded the page lives in a country where it is common to have the zip in front of city/state?

I sent you an email about this a week ago.  You can forward that one on to the shipping team as well.

Keith

aka

xcergy

0 Kudos
xcergy
xcergy Contributor
Contributor

Any word on what's going on?

Now I find when I enter city, state, then enter the zip, what I entered for city/state disappears and I have to re enter the data.

Some else mentioned on another board that this is an auto-fill feature.  If it is ...

IT DOES NOT WORK

Shame on PayPal for not announcing a new feature, and double shame for not properly running a beta test.

0 Kudos